Thanks

Need a DJ Logo concept

hi, i've been trolling conceptart for a long time now but mainly to just adore the artwork. a friend of mine is a DJ and he has been trying to find someone to doodle a logo for him to match the name DJ Bandit. honestly, i wasn't sure what forum to post this in as i know how touchy some people get when you post something in the wrong forum... i just figured this would be the perfect site to possibly get a few doodles from practicing artists who are willing to spare a few moments to come up with something... he is going for something like a bandit/crook doing his thing with turntables...

if anyone could recommend which forum to post this in or if anyone here wants to help me out i would appreciate it greatly. thanks!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    … in the jobs section?

Thanks
    sorry i didnt mean to sound like i was asking for a free logo to use... i'm just trying to get some rough ideas from a more experienced artist than myself that maybe i can build upon.

Thanks
    If you are just looking for ideas for a concept that you can work on, you need to think about the brainstorming process. Actually a thread on THAT would probably get a lot more activity than one that sounds a bit like a job posting.

What I would do to start brainstorming ideas for a logo like that is google "DJ" and then google "bandit" (and also thief, robber, burglar, etc). Then look through all of the pictures that comes up and see what images start to make sense. For example, DJs wear headsets. A safecracker might also wear a headset (to listen to the tumblers in the lock). Maybe a dj could be cracking a safe, the safe being in the shape of the name "DJ Bandit". That's one (admitedly lame) concept down. Keep looking at images and trying stuff until something better comes out of it.

If you want anyone to actually read this thread though, I'd change the name to something that sounds interesting that people might want to contribute their thoughts on. It currently sounds like a job posting. I only clicked the link because I was going to report it to get it moved to the jobs forum...