Sketchbook: -o0o- Kino's drawing time -o0o-
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Arrow -o0o- Kino's drawing time -o0o-

Hey guys... I'm new to this website and just decided to start a sketchbook. I hope to be part of more community projects in the future but for now I want to develop more art skillsss.
    For now all I have are a bunch of figure drawings I did in art school over the past week. I'll post up more things later when I get my act together... but thanks for viewing and critiques are really encouraged.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by _Kino_; March 20th, 2012 at 12:00 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These are a couple month old ink drawings. The birds were drawn from observation from a pet store for an assignment (which was actually a lot of fun!) .

I think I'm going to post all my oldish work I like and then some of my newer things.

And if anyone cares, hi! My real name is Emily. I'm 18, just started art school, and interested majoring in animation. But at of late I'm very far away from where I want to be as an artist . I'm a 2D animation fan and I'm trying to work on my traditional illustration skills too.
    I went to CSSSA's animation summer school recently (2008) and it's inspired me to build up my portfolio again and try to transfer to Calarts at some point for experimental animation. (CSSSA is held at Calarts and it made me certain I want to pursue animation as a career. I Seriously recommend it to any high schooler that takes animation seriously.) I hope that participating in these community activities will get me out of the art slump I'm in now.
    Thanks for reading and viewing.

Last edited by _Kino_; December 5th, 2008 at 03:32 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Self portrait I had to make for my freshman year of art school over this past summer. Not a good photo so I'll probably need to retake it sometime soon. A lot of the color has been drained out by the flash.

This is the most fanart I've drawn... ever...
    Courage the Cowardly Dog, Samurai Jack, Chowder, Persepolis, Triplets of Belleville, Doug, Adventure Time, Paprika, Tekkon Kinkreet, Kino's Journey, Cromartie High School, and Spirited Away.
    It's missing Hey Arnold and a bunch of Cartoon Network shows... and Haibane Renmei... and Akira...
    If you don't know by now I'm very much a 2d animation nerd. (Also a comics and video game nerd... but moreso animation).
    Also, don't get me started on 90's cartoons... XD

Watercolors and inkwash
    All these are a pictures of some things I like or things I feel represent me.
    I probably could've been a little more original then with the literal representation of myself / my face for the assignment but eh.

Last edited by _Kino_; August 27th, 2008 at 01:28 AM. Reason: lack of info

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Also, a picture of some stuff from my portfolio review today.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.