goddess of war

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: goddess of war

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

goddess of war

It started with a monster head then I wanted to turn it into a frazette style fantasy image.
    goddess of war

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is actually pretty fun!

As far as crits: I think her face and hand (on the left, holding the sword) don't match the style you've got going for the rest of her body - that nice, over-exaggerated pin-up style. Try getting better references for these parts or redraw them. Her expression is also a little bland - not really sexy or alluring, she just looks stoned. I know she's leaning back, but her head still seems a little small. Her neck is definitely too thin, based on the line coming up from her shoulder.

You also might want to consider re-drawing the beast behind her. He's nice, but I think his placement (totally horizontal and cutting across the frame) throws of the composition of the pic a little.

Good luck!

blue's sketchbook
    Someone gave me this custom title and I will never, ever change it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks, I definately struggled with the hand. Went from glove to flesh and didn't change the shape. and the face was at a tilted angle and the chin just looked chubby, so I tried to make the view straight on, but I already erased the eyes once, if I did it again I doubt I could have salvaged it at all. Thank you for the advice.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some thoughts you might want to consider for your next piece:

Here, you've depicted the character in the extreme foreground, beast in the middle ground, and environment in the background. While it's great that you've established a sense of depth, IMO, the illustration as a whole feels very segmented - there's no interaction between the character in the foreground and the creature in the middle ground. Perhaps if the figure were leaning against the side of the beast, the unity of the piece would be solidified.

Also, the figure feels almost unnaturally close to the viewer when so much atmospheric space is given to the environment. This wouldn't be a problem in a close cropping, but here, the figure's placement almost feels like a means to avoid drawing feet.

In summary, try drawing up some quick thumbnails to test several compositions before committing. Best of luck on your future endeavors.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.