Page 2 of 115 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Ringling College of Art and Design 2009 hopefuls

Thanks
    Hello everyone I'm Jackie and I am a freshman Computer Animation student as of this week (classes start Monday, haha)! If anyone has any questions about the acceptance process or anything really, fire away. There are upperclassmen that post here as well (Hi Betsy!) and they're extremely helpful.

So welcome to ConceptArt's Ringling thread, your plethora of first-hand knowledge!

Oh and Scoop, like Meloncov said; "From Life" can be anything you see in.. well, life! It doesn't necessarily mean you have to do figure drawings. Trees, spoons, feet, cars, draw what you see!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    thanks to both but i see so many figure drawings i started to panick because well, i cant really do any not because i cant draw them but because its kinda hard to find a company here in tokyo

Thanks
    Also know that those quick little life drawings are a great exercise, too, 5coop. It's a hard thing to master, but once you get the hang of it, they make great portfolio pieces, too! It's essential to understand movement as an animator (and really, as an illustrator, too), and it's great if you are able to observe this from someone who is not posing for you.

Thanks
    Hi there! My name is Tarrah! You've probably seen me lurking around the last the last thread. I'm a Freshman Illustration student at Ringling, I'll be checking in and giving whatever advice I can give you when I can. My advice for you now, if you really want to go to Ringling, some of you may need to fight your parents for your dream school, if you want it, fight for it and in the end it will be worth it. If you can dream it, you can do it. There is always a way to get to the place you want to go.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Magami View Post
    Thanks for the introduction, I have met you then! ^_^
    I'm one of the Nicole's, more specifically, the one who's name was "butchered" yesterday, lol.
    CAGGIANO. ^_^
    Also, good luck to all applying, each major is something to really think about. Submit your best work, or work that's strong in it's media, and good luck.
    Also ALSO, it seems from the vairety show that some of upperclassman can REALLY shake their groove thang. o.o Like, wow.
    Classes are net week, and we'll find out more specifically about clubs and whatnot during the Friday workshop.
    I guess we met without knowing it since I was in your dorm room the other day! lol, its Tarrah! Good times

Thanks
    thesinfulsaint: thank you very much for the reply on my other thread and for a reply here i love your work. Hey i sent you a message btw through ca so i dno if you saw it....

Pirate Lord78 is offline You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain
    Thanks
    5coop, you could get your family to do some poses for you, I get my sister to model for me on occasion. Do some hand, feet, drapery stuff. Ooh, better idea, whenever your parents, sister, brother, etc.... sit down to watch tv or anything, draw them then.

Edit: My mum wants to know what you guys do in case of a hurricane.
    Last edited by Pirate Lord78; August 24th, 2008 at 12:02 PM.

Thanks
    Hey everyone! Most of you know me from last years thread! I'm a "freshman" in CA, although I already have a TON of transfer credits, if anyone plans on transferring, let me know and I'll tell you what classes Ringling did and did not accept and which ones are a MUST if you are shooting to transfer in as a sophomore. A warning to CA sophomore hopefuls though, often enough CA is FULL so transferring in as a sophomore is VERY difficult. At least that's what my advisor has told me.

Also I think it would be a GREAT idea to post links to any accepted portfolios to give everyone an idea of what Ringling likes to see. You can see my CA portfolio in my sketchbook link below.

Good luck to all you hopefuls out there! =3

Thanks
    Thanks a lot to all the current students for posting here. In general, do you find that the general attitude at Ringling is as cooperative and willing to help as you guys show on this forum? Or are you guys kind of the exception rather than the rule? I know some art schools can be really competitive and somewhat "mean spirited" but I don't get that impression about Ringling from my visit or from these types of threads.

I hope that made sense!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Lord78 View Post
    Edit: My mum wants to know what you guys do in case of a hurricane.
    As hurricanes move from east to west, Sarasota, being on the west coast of Florida, is pretty safe. I think I remember someone mentioning classes being canceled due to a hurricane once last year, but there was no danger as long as one stayed inside.

Thanks
    All right then I'm currently unsure about which school I wanna go to ill be applying to more than 2. The Art Centre in Pasadena is probably my first choice because of their new Entertainment Design major. I guess my question is does RingLing have a major comparable to this?

Thank you for the time!!

Thanks
    You can do illustration with a minor in visual development.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aguilas990 View Post
    Thanks a lot to all the current students for posting here. In general, do you find that the general attitude at Ringling is as cooperative and willing to help as you guys show on this forum? Or are you guys kind of the exception rather than the rule? I know some art schools can be really competitive and somewhat "mean spirited" but I don't get that impression about Ringling from my visit or from these types of threads.

I hope that made sense!
    Everyone including the administration, staff, and students are all MORE than willing to help you with any questions that you have. Even if you ask someone who might not know the answer, they will definitely refer you to someone who does! And just an FYI, Ringling mostly uses email to communicate. You are more likely to get a quick response via email than on the phone. I've actually had email conversations with admissions where it seemed like an instant message chat!

Also, check out the Ringling groups on Facebook.com!

In my experience, I have been very surprised by how helpful and pleasant everyone here at Ringling is. It's a very welcoming environment

Page 2 of 115 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast