Page 50 of 115 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Hey Everyone! Its great to see the work of other 2009 hopefuls such as myself. I was one of the more unfortunate applicants and I discovered Ringling maybe 3 or so months ago, so I have been really working hard to get back into my studies, and I only discovered this forum about 5 minutes ago or I would have posted earlier. I'm applying for the CA program and as you know the deadline is coming up and I would really appreciate some feedback on my portfolio and what pieces everyone thinks are my strongest to include and which to take out.

HERES THE LINK www.dbudhna.blogspot.com

OoO and lowercase, I would def try to square that away with the offices before you do anything else. Ringling sent me a letter saying they received all my info a while back and all that was left was my portfolio to be submitted, which was accurate.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    5c00p nice work! I really enjoyed you sketchbook pieces. I'm sure you'll get accepted into Ringling. You are very talented as are many other artists in this forum. Keep it up

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lowercase View Post
    I keep being told by Ringling that they have received all of my application requirements, despite the fact that I have yet to submit my portfolio or my second letter or recommendation.

Anyone else having a similar problem?
    SHIT really? because i have not recieved any confirmation for either my Portfolio being submitted OR my online application. I thought they told you after the 15th maybe...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 5coop View Post
    SHIT really? because i have not recieved any confirmation for either my Portfolio being submitted OR my online application. I thought they told you after the 15th maybe...
    They might not have processed it yet. You didn't submit long ago, and I imagine their somewhat deluged at the moment.

Thanks
    You think they might be mistaking my last year's application for this years?
    It seems unlikely to be the case, especially considering I didn't even apply for CA last year.

At any rate, I hope this all gets cleared up.

Patience is a virtue, but who wants to be virtuous?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 5coop View Post
    What major are you applying for? and most importantly, are you applying this year?

I think you really need to get a lot more fundamentals down. Grab a few books, such as a collection of Davinci's drawings ect and start drawing those like you see in the book. Find anatomy pictures, even the ones commonly found in Biology class suffice--- and draw those. Be sure to have strong secure lines, i think what takes away most from your art is that what suffices with one line, has a few hundred instead. After that start sketching people in class, at a coffee shop ect. Try carbon. When you feel you are ready actually attend sketch sessions and draw exactly what you see.

I hope it helps.
    I am planning to apply for Computer Animation this year. I know I am really cutting it close to the deadline but I am going to work really hard in this week!

Thanks
    Yea I wouldn't worry about the confirmation letters. I received mine a long time ago after I visited the campus and I haven't even submitted my portfolio yet

Thanks
    lowercase, were you not accepted last year or did you choose to wait?

Thanks
    Hi I would like some feedback on my portfolio please. Not all the work is completed, but it will be when I apply. Should I throw some hand/feet studies in there? Should I take the oils out? I spent the most time on the bust study (about 12 hours). Should I spend more time on the others and do more paintings to get some strong color work in there and just apply to Illustration in February? Can I apply to Game Art and Design now and Illustration later? If I wanted to be a concept artist what major would be the best to apply to? Im a transfer student so how many steps ahead of the game do you think this portfolio will get me? What more can I do to my portfolio to get me even further? (I have so many more questions but I'll just stop here for now lmao)

Here is my portfolio:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=136763

Thank you in advance for helping me.

(P.S.: I can get two letters of reccomendation from instructors, but how should I send them? I havent started to begin the application yet because I'm still confused on whether Game Art and Design is what I want to do... I'm only discouraged somewhat because in the class schedule it shows animation type classes in the first two years, and I don't think I want to get into any 3d stuff just yet.. or maybe I do I have no idea... I really just want to do concept art...or illustration... or something like that........ im confused as shit lol.... Anyways, I'm 100% positive that I can get all of my portfolio pieces up to the same quality level as that bust study I just need a little more time which I don't really have at the moment because for the past five months I've been working really hard at trying to get the family restraunt up and running.... Please ignore this if i'm rambling I just need somewhere to vent a little ya know? I'm going to hit send now.)

Last edited by hemP; January 8th, 2009 at 07:31 PM.

Thanks
    hemp..

yea that was alot of text..lol..but I understand your concerns. Ringling is a big step and there are many pieces to complete before the application process is done and over with. I myself am applying for the computer animation program which is more similar in style to the game art program than the illustration. However, I think if concept art is what you are really looking into, illustration would be the path to go in. CA and GA is more storyboarding, 2d, and 3d animation. Granted everyone has to learn the tradition work before going on to these aspects, if want to focus on concept art (which is a pretty bad a** job I might add) you might want to focus more on illustration which may help you refine your techniques. As for the portfolio, I think it is great! The bust is really nice as well as the other pieces, but I don't know what you should leave or take out since Illustration has different requirements than CA. The figures are nice and the oils are good too, however I think the last oil with the fruits isn't quite up to par with the rest of the work you've done which obviously displays your talent. As for the letters of recommendation, I handed mine in when I went to visit the campus, but you can just mail it in before deadline and they should send you a confirmation saying whether they received it or not.

Hope that helps, good luck with the restaurant

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meloncov View Post
    lowercase, were you not accepted last year or did you choose to wait?
    I was accepted last year for Illustration, but decided to wait.

I emailed admissions and they said that since I was accepted last year, they just reactivated my old application and, therefore, it was considered complete.
    I don't understand what relevance my old application is though, unless they just want to compare it to this years. My entire application has significantly changed and I really don't want them taking my old application into consideration (improved portfolio, essay, extra-curriculars, etc...).

Patience is a virtue, but who wants to be virtuous?

Thanks
    When you are accepted to a college, you can defer enrollment for up to a year. Then you don't have to apply again. So they probably have you listed under "accepted" but will likely review your newer portfolio for placement and scholarships.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by emifinan View Post
    When you are accepted to a college, you can defer enrollment for up to a year. Then you don't have to apply again. So they probably have you listed under "accepted" but will likely review your newer portfolio for placement and scholarships.
    I don't believe Ringling allows deferred enrollment.

Page 50 of 115 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 100 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3