Page 11 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Skipping out on Liberal Arts courses isn't a big deal. In fact, if you have AP or transfer credit, use it to your advantage! A number of students take courses through community college over the summer to either open up more space for extra electives or to give themselves more time to work during the school year.

Transfering credit for CORE classes... I'm not sure how I feel about this. If you don't feel like you have a strong enough foundation, you should take the courses. I transferred out of drawing my freshman year, and I got to take a painting class instead. I learned a lot more in my painting class than I would have with the drawing course. It's completely based upon the individual.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    How exactly does it work when applying as a sophmore vs freshman? If I apply as a freshman can I still opt out of general classes? I passed the Biology, Euro History, Art History, and English writing AP tests. I'm currently taking Drawing 1, Intro to visual Studies, Color Theory, and Cultural Anthropology. Although with the quality of my current college I wouldn't be entirely opposed to taking the CORE art classes again but would like to be able to opt out of generals. I'll probably take a Math class, 2D design, 3D design, and Japanese 1010 next semester. That might force me to apply as a sophmore right?

Thanks
    I think you just apply as a transfer student and then based on your credits they decide whether or not you enter as a freshman or sophomore. But you can't use your college credits if you apply as a first time freshman.

Pirate Lord78 is offline You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain
    Thanks
    I'm a senior in high school, so I don't really feel like I've had enough teaching yet. I'd like to get a good grounding in foundation courses instead of skipping stuff.

Thanks
    I definitely wouldn't want to opt out of the foundational studies class--our high school art program is nothing amazing at all, and I really have almost no experience with traditional media (other than, you know, graphite). D|
    But it would be great to get out of any liberal arts courses I could in college, so I'm trying to figure out what all I can take so that I can take as few liberal arts courses as possible in college.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aguilas990 View Post
    I think you just apply as a transfer student and then based on your credits they decide whether or not you enter as a freshman or sophomore. But you can't use your college credits if you apply as a first time freshman.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure I remember copperfire (maybe it was someone else) saying that they accepted a college course she had taken during the summer.

Thanks
    Since we're on the subject of transfer credit... I'm currently trying to get into Ringing's computer animation program as a transfer student in fall of 2009.

I'm about to finish with my associates and I was wondering. How many credits/classes do they allow you to transfer? Like for example, I've taken intro to psych up here at the college I'm attending at the moment, as well as a whole buttload of other liberal arts credits. Is it entirely up to admissions what and what transfers? Is there any sort of limit on the amount of credit that actually can transfer? Also, I don't remember seeing any foreign language requirement on the CA curriculum page. Does Ringing offer any foreign language classes? And if so, which ones? I'm currently taking Japanese and I would like to further my studies.

And thinking about all the debt a lot of us might potentially be in is somewhat frightening. But I'm sure that a lot of us posting in this thread are willing to roll up our sleeves and get a little messy.

Also, I saw that whole Dr. Sketchy thing that jimboslutstien posted a few pages back. Have you ever been to any of the sessions? How were they in your area? I'm considering going to one of the ones nearby but I'm not too sure I want to be alone in the city at night.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Telefunker View Post
    I'm about to finish with my associates and I was wondering. How many credits/classes do they allow you to transfer? Like for example, I've taken intro to psych up here at the college I'm attending at the moment, as well as a whole buttload of other liberal arts credits. Is it entirely up to admissions what and what transfers? Is there any sort of limit on the amount of credit that actually can transfer?
    They will accept just about everything except animation classes. There is no limit, though there is no point in transferring more liberal arts classes than the requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Telefunker View Post
    Also, I don't remember seeing any foreign language requirement on the CA curriculum page. Does Ringing offer any foreign language classes? And if so, which ones? I'm currently taking Japanese and I would like to further my studies.
    They don't offer any foreign language classes, but they will accept AP Language and language transfer credits.

Thanks
    Actually Ringling does not accept any foreign language transfer credit. They are a bit funny about certain courses. For instance, AP Physics will not transfer even though it seems it should. You'll have to call down to admissions to be sure.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thesinfulsaint View Post
    Actually Ringling does not accept any foreign language transfer credit. They are a bit funny about certain courses. For instance, AP Physics will not transfer even though it seems it should. You'll have to call down to admissions to be sure.
    Really? I thought I remembered them saying they would accept transfer language credits while I was at pre-college. Guess I was wrong.

And that sucks about AP physics. I'm taking that this year.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meloncov View Post
    Really? I thought I remembered them saying they would accept transfer language credits while I was at pre-college. Guess I was wrong.

And that sucks about AP physics. I'm taking that this year.
    yeah, I took all three ap physics tests... major letdown.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzybeth View Post
    yeah, I took all three ap physics tests... major letdown.
    Will Ap Computer science transfer? Because next year I'm taking Ap Gov, Art history, Ap Stats, Ap Euro, Ap 2d design 2 hours, Ap Lit.
    Sketch page coming soon.

Thanks
    On foreign language classes, I took Spanish for two years in college and Ringling didn't accept any of those credits.

Quote Originally Posted by Telefunker
    Is it entirely up to admissions what and what transfers? Is there any sort of limit on the amount of credit that actually can transfer?
    In your case, if you come in with a completed associate's degree, most likely Ringling will waive the liberal arts requirement. You might even get out of some open elective requirements as well, so extra credits can't hurt I had a ton of credit transfer over, so the only classes I'm required to take are CA classes and one Art History. I only take enough to maintain full time status for my loans.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nilaffle View Post
    I had a ton of credit transfer over, so the only classes I'm required to take are CA classes and one Art History. I only take enough to maintain full time status for my loans.
    With all the credits you transferred, are you going to graduate early or does it still take all 4 years?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanemeh View Post
    Will Ap Computer science transfer? Because next year I'm taking Ap Gov, Art history, Ap Stats, Ap Euro, Ap 2d design 2 hours, Ap Lit.
    don't hold your breath on that one.

gov, art hist, 2d design, and ap lit should all be fine, they transferred in for me. Stats and Euro probably will as well.

Page 11 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast