Thanks

Question paint brush feeling

hi guys...
    Very good work in here as always.

I have had the wacom tablet for ages now but started to use it again was so busy playing online games that i wasted hours away hehe.

well just got back into using it but i keep having the same problem and that is i cannot get to grips with having a natural feel i would have using a brush/pencil/pen etc.
    even when i come down to sketching on psd the lines dont feel natural or the way they would turn out on paper even if it is a 5min sketch. And i think this is one of the factors that keeps me away from coming back to drawing. [ computer ] i dont want this to happen!

Is there any way to get that natural feeling? lines? brushes?
    i tried all sorts of positions but maybe its cause i am drawing with my hand but my eye are somewhere else . ie screen.

thanx if any one can help me out :bash:
    [ I need Motivation ]

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

interesting

yeh i think it has a lot to do with what you said about looking somewhere apart from your hand

I was scared when i initally started using a tablet that it would either detract from my traditional media works or vice versa

i thin kyou just have to treat them as different mediums

you have to realise that you arent sketching with a pencil, your sketching with a digital recreation of a pencil...although they are supposed to mimic the lok of a pencil, they arent designed to have the faults of pencils ie what makes pencils 'natural' -

just appreciate it as two different mediums. experiment, and try to hold the stylus diffwerently. tweak the settings, experiment with different brushes.

oh and one other thing, i find placing the tablet directly in front of the monitor as opposed to where a mouse pad would be helps lots -- more like using a sheet of paper than a mouse pad.

good luck man
    peace - f