Worst Artist ever needs help (semi-big d/l?)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Worst Artist ever needs help (semi-big d/l?)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Worst Artist ever needs help (semi-big d/l?)

Hey my first post. Everybody here is really really good so I was hoping to get some help on how I can imrpove. I'm 16 so i havent had anybody teach me how to draw yet, I just like drawing. I think they are terrible so dont be afraid to go nuts, heres a few... All done in ink btw, i suck with computers.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ^^^Not showing up.

[][][][] DRAW EVERYDAY [][][][]>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    everybodyt has this prob its workin for me :/

Elwell is offline Sticks Like Grim Death Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,666 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I was all hopped up to see the worst artist ever, so I took the trouble to track down your Elfwood page. Boy am I pissed. You're not the worst artist ever. You're not even the worst sixteen year old artist ever. God knows you're not the worst artist on Elfwood.
    I'm 16 so i havent had anybody teach me how to draw yet, I just like drawing.
    Good, keep doing it. Try to find someone who can teach you, and in the meantime teach yourself. Get all the books you can. Look at all kinds of art, not just gaming stuff.
    everybodyt has this prob its workin for me :/
    That's because they're already in your cache. They weren't showing up for me before I went to your site, now they are.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks to Elwell, I was able to see your work also. I don't know where you're getting this bad artist from. You look like you do pretty well to me. If you bring out the details on your drawing more, they will look really good. Highlighting and darker shading in the important areas, will do it. You have a very few proportion issues in some of your drawings, but that will improve with practice. Study other artists works, get some books, draw from life and you will improve immensely. Looking forward to seeing more.

Art gives me a life of extreme challenge, frustration, accomplishment and contentment. Nothing less will do!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks alot guys. What do you mean by highlighting? I didn't think that was possible with B&W.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Highlighting can be done with b&w by leaving areas you want highlighted white with darker or black areas around them. Various levels of shading can be done with darker or lighter shades of one color. For example: blacks to greyes. You can do this with pencils or pens. When working with pens you can use other brands for different shades of black and sometimes pens that are almost out of ink are good for lighter shades.Try experimenting with different pens and pencils. I'm a self taught artist. I learnt by experimenting. The darker or blacker your color is beside white or a very light color, the better the light area shows up. Hence highlighting.
    Check out Avatar's posts on this site. He is very good at highlighting and shading. Hope this helps.

Last edited by nikia; November 5th, 2003 at 04:43 AM.
    Art gives me a life of extreme challenge, frustration, accomplishment and contentment. Nothing less will do!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.