Thanks

New art/Apparel company!

Hey everyone whats up. I am new to this forum and so far i am really like it. I am the owner of a new website based out of Orlando Fl called www.skinnybuddha.com The main focus of our company is to promote the independent artist. I figured a good place to find some new and talented artists is the art forums. Please check out the site and let me know what you all think. If you think you might be interested in selling some art through us or have any cool ideas for clothing/apparel feel free to contact me @ jdavenport@skinnybuddha.com

I set up a promo code for you all as well type in "cheapskate" and receive 20% all apparel. ( a percentage of every shirt we sell goes directly to the artist)

thanks to you all i hope you enjoy and give me some good feedback.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Do you have any measures for contracts or the artist's maintaining ownership of the product, or contracts that secure the amount of royalties or a base entitlement for submissions?

Thanks
    can you define "a percentage"
    this smells terribly spammy to me though
    WEED TORTURE WIN
    www.hyver.com -()- sketch thread

Thanks
    This is what I got in the email from him. (hopefully he doesn't mind.)
    I think it would make it a lot easier for people to know what they're possibly dealing with though.

"Yes, our contracts state that you maintain ownership and rights to your design/art but if used on one of our shirts or any of our apparel, the design cannon appear on any other form of apparel. The commission rate on the clothing/apparel is 15% of every piece sold for as long as we sell the design. When it comes to selling actual art or prints the art is still the artists we just take a commission. Our commission rate at this moment in time is a small fee of 10%. This fee is subject to change if sales rate rises. Our company offers marketing and promotions to the independent artist. We also reserve the right to turn away any artist we feel does not fit with our genre."

Thanks
    No i dont mind your post. I want everyone to know exactly whats going on. Our goal is to promote peoples creativity in hope to inspire others to be creative. To be honest our percentages according to the last post are pretty good. At this moment in time we are only taking a 10% commission if your art sells through us. That is a very small commission rate. We are trying to help the independent artist get exposed not gouge and exploit them. I hope this helps.

I love the feedback please feel free to contact me with any further questions

Thanks
    for what it's worth, %10 does sound very reasonable
    good luck with your endeavours
    WEED TORTURE WIN
    www.hyver.com -()- sketch thread

Thanks
    Yea thanks for checking out the site.

Thanks
    We just got a new artist as of today Patrick Fatica he has some very interesting work