Thanks

New Cartoon! Rubbanecks (adult) Opinions please.

Hey guys

Me and my buddies have been working on this site for a long long time and we finally launched the first episode.

I feel like there is some pretty good art in there.
    Please check it out, you all are one of the firsts to see it.

http://www.rubbanecks.com/

Enjoy!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    wicked.
    love it
    (create)make more!

Thanks
    The pacing throughout is *painfully* slow.
    I was constantly saying 'common, i get the idea, what's next'. One of the beautiful things about the human mind (that modern advertising has shown us especially) is that we can percieve concepts with very little information. If you take too much time we get bored (especially in the animation medium, hence the wretchedness of the snail-pased 'Ninjai').

It seems like you've put a lot of time/energy into the concept, so I don't want to be too hard on it. But seriously, it just seems like you're relying on the fact that they're dildos and nothing more. Instead of working out really humorous situations and characters, you're kinda of hoping that them being dildos is *always* going to be funny.

My final point is the tired black 'shut up foo!' stereotype. We ALL know exactly which catch-phrase he's gonna use next, and the slow pacing just draws out our non-suprise. I mean, yeah, they're dildos, but that almost opens things up for a lot of creative character work, rather than the standard issue.

Referencing a family film like Finding Nemo seems kinda odd in this context, but look at how well thought out those characters are, how rich and full of life. I'm sure most people are saying 'common, it's an internet cartoon about dildos'. I don't think it matters at all. EVERYTHING involving characters should be creative, unique, and referenced enough that it shows us something we didn't know before. Then, rather than people saying 'heheh, hey jimbob, take a looks at them dildos! they're be talkin adn shit!', people will be saying 'now, ignore the fact that they're dildos, it's actually a really good series.'

Thanks
    Thanks for the comments Isric they are definetly constructive and well stated.

I think some of the drag of the first episode comes from the fact that the cartoon was origionally 15mins long and we decided to cut it into smaller pieces. There is definetly more action and continuity in the second episode.

As far as what you said about the characters in terms of depth I can totally agree. We are working on this for future episodes and would like to make the characters deeper.

Once again thanks for the words, please stay tuned