distortion effect
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: distortion effect

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Unhappy distortion effect

I'm trying to use the distortion effect with corel painter X. I choose my layer, go to effects/orientation/distort......it puts my image in the distort box but doesn't allow me to move it at all. ?????

any suggestions would be super!
    cheers

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    After using Effects > Orientation > Distort to open the dialog box, you'll need to click and drag one of the bounding box handles to distort the Layer, then click the Done button. The bounding box handles may be hard to see as in the example below, but if you know where they are, you'll be able to click there and distort the Layer.

In the screen prints below, you'll see that I clicked and dragged a corner bounding box handle:

Instead, I could have clicked one of the other corner bounding box handles and dragged in another direction, or done what's demonstrated in this image:

#

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks Jinny...I'm grateful for the response. the problem I am having is that I see the bounding boxes but no matter what I do they won't move. I hold down on them to drag....I've tried holding down the command key...the space bar....geesh nearly every button..ha ha ha....but it doesn't move. All the other effects work i.e. freeform, rotate........ I'm kinda stumped.....if I didn't shave my head I would be pulling my hair out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Ray,

Next step, I guess, is to post a message at The PainterFactory in the Got a Question? forum. Include in your post:

• Your Mac or Windows OS version number,
    • Painter version (including patch/Update number if installed),
    • A clear and complete description of the problem and what you've tried to make Effects > Orientation > Distort work,
    • How long you'd been working in Painter during that session (or any session when the problem occurred),
    • Whether other programs were running at the time, and how many.
    • Your tablet make and model, and stylus description, and
    • Anything else you can think of that might help to figure out what's going on.

See you there!

#

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.