Sketchbook: Bleu's SB - updated Nov 7 - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Bleu's SB - updated Nov 7

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! Visitors! Thanks for stopping by y'all

RandAlThor: Cheers. I've done stuff in flash, and will do so again. This specific project however, it was the director's desire to go the old-fashioned way. Which I don't mind at all... just trying to get a hang of it and making the right choices when it comes to shortcutting

Towarlock: Thanks!

snootchy: Yep. All from life unless otherwise specified. You don't wanna see more of my ugly mug, but I'll try and do some other portraits when I have a moment

Peetaer: Yeah, it's a tablet laptop (HP Pavillion 2100 somethingorother). I use it mostly for my lectures and notes, but also as a sketching tool whenenver possible.

Eon: I'll try that. I've read and seen stuff by other folks who take their tablet pcs to life drawing. They come out with some lovely work.

grenappels: I didn't think I had that much consistency, but thanks. Just keep drawing and practicing, that will help you improve. It's what I do anyway. Cheers.

Silvenon: Thanks!

kelly x: Hey howdy hey! Thanks for stopping by, I'm glad you enjoyed them

---

Right... now here's some drawings from my moleskine from the past couple of days. Mostly today, as I took a trip to the Brisbane Botanical Gardens to draw some plant life and stuff.

Last edited by bleupencil; June 29th, 2011 at 03:01 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your hatch and sketch style is getting really good, i really enjoy looking at your observational sketches!

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE
    Mission: To push our skills to evolve to the point of giving you visual orgasm.
    Eon l grenappels l snootchy l Peetaer l bleupencil l D.C. l jharford l Droemar

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love the environment studies in pencil, really shows off your skill. Especially this one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Botanical Gardens looks like a totally wicked source for drawing-from-life material. There is one near where I live. I should go to it soon.

The sketches are looking good. Next time focus more on values/tones instead of lines. Values add more depth; it'll make you work look more realistic.

Blog
    Sketchbook

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Geez....the precise details...

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1222500671

Your outdoors drawing is humbling. I've tried drawing ramdom people out on the street but I lack the speed. So I can appreciate what you're doing. Cheers!

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

Eon l grenappels l snootchy l Peetaer l bleupencil l

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cheers guys.

I keep telling myself "post later" cos I don't think there's enough to update with, but if I keep doing that, I'll probably never update! So here's some scribbles from the last week, most being just styalized stuff cos I'm bad and haven't been doing enough studies.

Attachment 481902
    Attachment 481903
    Attachment 481904
    3 hour life drawing in charcoal. Still having trouble getting the hang of this medium.

Attachment 481905
    Cartoony memory drawing of a guy I saw in town the other night. Heh.

Attachment 481906
    Reworking a certain character that I want to use for an animation.

Must get back to uni stuff now. I'll comment on more sketchbooks later I hope.

Last edited by bleupencil; June 29th, 2011 at 03:00 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Drawings from today.

Attachment 483913
    Attachment 483914
    Attachment 483915
    Attachment 483916
    Attachment 483917

I think I'm going to have to start leveling things up a bit and do portraits from photo refs/willing subjects. Most of the time I'm just not able to get facial features into my drawings, and if/when I do, they don't seem to fit.

I can draw stylized faces well enough (though that can always be improved too), but more life-like faces would be a good thing.

Moar practice!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehe unfortunately that is the truth :practice practice practice
    oine thing that might help is just to add a face to everything. your gestures in the moleskin, whatever just add a face and you will become a lot more comfortable with them
    but ya keep it up man, and stop by sometime
    -jedi

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey bleupencil, nice update! I really like this post, http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...4&d=1223099453

I really like this one because it shows a lot of careful attention to form, values, and most importantly realism, since it was a long life observational study. Another great thing about this one is that your use of values is sparing or economical I should say, and is great in the sense that values ranging in 0 and 1 can be utilized towards the final pass to punch up highlights or darkest darks.

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your new posts looks awesome. I particularly like the chalk & charcoal life drawings. I also like the guy on roller skates. Very well done.

Blog
    Sketchbook

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for stopping by again guys, and you too Jedininjaman. I appreciate the comments and advice too, so cheers.

Here's some recent stuff.

Attachment 487871
    Attachment 487872
    Attachment 487873
    Attachment 487874
    Attachment 487875

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i really enjoy your sketchbook doodles, it has this 'looseness and carefree i'm gonna draw this right now at this moment look'!!

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice moleskin doodles. Like snootchy mentioned, very carefree, very loose, but also very accurate in their looseness. I've found that by simply just drawing while looking at what you draw without thinking you better capture the form and details of whatever it is that you're drawing. That you've shown quite nicely in this last post.

Blog
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It would help if you pushed your values with the charcoal drawings. By that I mean to push your darks to be darker (actually press!) while leaving the light to show through in areas. It's a bit too even in greys.

This one is closer to what I mean:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...3&d=1223293303

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Got anymore for us? It's been 8 days since you last posted.

Blog
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the prompt, Peetaer, I've been really busy with my uni project to do anymore studies or anything. And I haven't been to life drawing this week either - I feel so dirty! D:

Here's some chillin' time stuff tho... I hope to be back here soon and looking at your SB's again. Sorry for not being around to comment.

Attachment 495296
    Attachment 495294
    Attachment 495295

You can see some of my film progress here now though... amidst lots of rambling about the trials and tribulations I'm experiencing.

http://twrgproduction.blogspot.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, at least you've been busy. So long as you're busy in life and sitting around smoking weed and playing video games like I've done for so many years of my life (two habits that have become something of the past, thank god!) Was the uni project an art project?

I really think that your last post is an excellent post. You've got an awesome cartoon style, and you seem to have it in good order. Maybe you could start doing short story comic strips? Just a thought. Look forward to seeing more!

Blog
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool portrait update i'm liking that last portrait, only crit is to work on skin tones even if it is fast, some in depth color studies would rock

where them great sketches from the good ole' sketcbhook AT???!!!

j/k hehe ur off the hook this time!

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...4&d=1224397326

Watch your sterno-cleido muscle in this pic. It's placement at the top is off. Otherwise, cool pics!

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yo bleupencil come back to us, hehe!

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE
    Eon l grenappels l snootchy l Peetaer l bleupencil l D.C. l jharford

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The girl with her head on her knees looks great...normally I'd say to stay away from so many shaky lines, but this time, I think it works: it looks like the girl is shuddering! Cool.

As for cartoons, I think your shapes look a little generic. Look at unicorn girl and pinstripe guy. Those seem like their designs could be pushed to be more original. Here's a super blog with lots of different character designers: http://characterdesign.blogspot.com/

Last edited by eminkey2003; November 14th, 2008 at 03:13 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, bring on the new stuff Bleu! Let's get this sketchbook swingin' !!!

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wasp

Get me back into the swing of things, dammit! Since finishing the semester, I suddenly remembered what the outside world was like and have been AFK for the most part. Or at least not around long enough to let myself browse CA as it is so full of awesome it's time consuming.

Now I must make myself get back into the rythm! So here's some recent stuff.

Attachment 541025
    Attachment 541030
    Attachment 541033
    Attachment 541034
    Attachment 541035
    Attachment 541037
    Attachment 541038
    Attachment 541039

Whoa, categories and copyright in the uploady system now?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ooh, I almost forgot! My demoreel (5.9mb) and some pencil tests (some already posted here) from the film I worked on.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your animations skills looks really great !! I Wanna animate like you !!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yo Bleu u've come back to us!!! hope your semester went well!? yea it's weird right, coming out of that school bubble and seeing what the world is like outside of assignments and work, u deserve a long break =)

ur sketches in the moleskin are really great and there's definitely a noticeably different way in which you lay down your lines, looks more confident and u seem to stress the lines that have most importance, great sketches!

oh also freaking insane animation, i dun know how you do it but that was really exciting to see the animation that was a wip prior. How long did it take you overall to finish it? also nice choice of music, they are pretty addictive especially that catchy tune 'always where i need to be' don't know what it is about that song but it's impossible to be unhappy when listening to that song

glad to see you back on CA, keep them awesome updates coming!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sweet animation there! I particularly like the blue lady and how you've animated twitchy but natural looking movements and rhythms.

The cool thing about you remembering about the outside world is that you actually DRAW said outside world. Good job doing that. Bring on more drawn reports on that world you're rediscovering!

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey you, that animation is great, you gotta give me some tips! i'm always trying to guess my way through animating stuff in flash and it always comes out sloppy or takes like a billion hours. do you have a favorite book on it?

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE
    Eon l grenappels l snootchy l Peetaer l bleupencil

a game i made

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool new uploads. It's good to see you posting again and that you've been busy!

Blog
    Sketchbook

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.