Sketchbook: Intimidated

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Intimidated

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Intimidated

hey guys , my name's chris, this is all stuff I did this week.I live in a small hick-town part of tx, I guess thats why I started drawing, just for something to do, Im 14 years old and am going into highschool in about a week or so. I love this website so much, just the idea of millions of artists in 1 place is phenomenal.
    Ive never taken any art classes to a degree of anything more than asking my mom how to draw an acceptable womans face, which I still havent got around to.
    Like I said Im not very good at this thing but Im trying to start early and get better.
    please tell me what I can do so that I can get to a point where Im not extremely intimidated by 100% of the users on c.a.
    Im looking for anything from critique on the drawings to what classes I should take in highschool that will help.

I just want to get a good jumpstart so that I can grow up and do something other than paper-work ina cubicle.
    -chris

p.s I know that the face thing is wierd, I was just trying to figure out the difference between angry eyes and scared eyes

Attached Images Attached Images          
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good start dude, you got further than me (haven't got the guts to post an SB yet lol)... As for crit, i would say draw draw draw, and then draw some more; its the best thing todo. However, quick points include looking at the skeleton, learning to spend time on your drawings, and at first drawing from reference.

As for high school classes, i don't really know, i take Art; its not for the drawing, more the expressive "get it out of your system" stuff. You can go wild, and as long as you justify it, they'll grade it. I also highly recommend, if you can, life drawing.

Hope to see you around more .

Yea yea, i know, i'm lazy, i'll start a sketchbook later...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool start, you've made the first step.. now keep it up ;-) I like the first gesture the most, seems really fluid. welcome aboard ;-)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're better than I was when I was fourteen....

And you have nothing to worry about, you'll be amazed by how much you'll grow artistically in highschool, just be sure to take the art classes. you may hate them, but you'll get so much out of them if you work through it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 643 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    sup
    Am 14 too YAy well i just turned 14 but god theres so many 14 yos in this site i thought there were only 2/3
    Anywayz looking good so far
    Keep it up with all these studies and just draw daily
    Keep posting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks guys, Im super stoked cause we went hobby lobby aka hardcore central. and bought the biggest sketchpad ive ever seen. I will never run out of paper again.
    lilnebo, cool cool cool. same here I thought there was just me lol, ps. your s.b. is amazing and its HUGE, you inspired me to draw mo
    heres some stuff on my HUGE sketchpad, theres a HUGE eye, and a face my mom drew, then theres a thing I did when looking at perspective(the building)
    and just some spheres cause i got some nice charcoal as well
    btw these are all just pictures(my scanners busted)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 538 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    No need to be nervous here, I've seen people in their 20's starting a sketchbook and they were just learning to draw

Well the main thing at your age is to just draw
    Since your starting so young I would also say to experiment a little
    Check out different materials and such, I remember I used to always draw on normal sized paper until I finally took a drawing class
    Now I love drawing large scale drawings too

Good luck

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hye, heres just something I did when I had time today, this is only like a 60 second thing, so try not to be harsh.
    i really like drawing eyes- and I did a tiny bit of work on the building i started yesterday but I dont think its enough to be noticed

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    big thanks for the comment. keep going, I'll have a keen eye on how this sketchbook will turn out

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The first pose you posted is very nice and fluid. If you don't already know, THIS site is great if you're ever looking for a pose to draw. Keep posting!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That is pretty damn good. I'm 15 and yeah...you're better than me. By miles!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ahh 14

I remember when I was as young as you. I was a freshman in high school and was a skinny nerd... I loved it though. I always drew. And what did I draw? Comics. I loved X men and Batman and all that. Gah.. It was so fun..

Anyways, You have great potential. Unlike myself, you are actually practicing with perspective and groovy objects. Thats a good start. I am wishing that I practiced with Perspectives. Now, I am cramming myself to learn it. If you want my advice on drawing, I think perspective is just as good as any other skill to learn. Keep this up man. I am rooting for you to become great. I know you can do it. This forum is the best. I wish I had this when I was your age. You will definitely become somebody amazing.

Oh yeah, Another thing! Don't forget about the ladies!! Don't grow up finding out that the one girl you had a crush on, really liked you too. Then, she grows up and has 5 kids...

Live life, Live love, Love life, then die -- SaiVix

I would really love some honest critiques and improvements suggestions

Renewed Study - I'm drawing again!!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=133377

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.