3D cinematic Storyboarding.

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

After working really hard on my 3D low poly model and rigging:

She doesn't look all that beautiful.The main purpose was to see how the storyboard would evolve with posing her for screenshots.

Enviroment modelling,texturing and lightning:

Excepts of Storyboard:

Full video showing frame by frame storyboard in action:
    VIDEO

Thanks for viewing.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah.........*

Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

takmask2 Guest
    I'd recommend going for some sort of plot, or...something. And maybe less neon colors? Better 3D than I could do, though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would also recommend creating a plot of some sort...maybe jot down some ideas or create an outline then create your storyboard off of that....storyboards are similar to keyframing animations...you want dynamic poses and good compositions with each shot...and a good flow from one shot to the next....without a plot it will be difficult to do so...in reference to the 3D...the textures could use some grime, dirt, scratches, etc...something to give the appearance of use and age...since this is a warehouse, you might want to put some decals on the floor...just my two cents

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the replies.I did think of so many things to do with the plot but I kept reminding myself that it was to be kinda like a Teaser Trailer and so it shouldn't reveal much.But now,I think the plot could have been better and the warehouse like capt underoo pointed out needed some touches to make it look better.

Presently,I am looking for where I can undergo training or do an internship or work in a junior position especially in the 3D and animation category.There is nothing like designing a character,creating it in 3D and seeing your creation or design brought to life and moving around,doing things like an actor in a movie.It would be an honour to work with professionals and learn from them how CG movies are done.

I really enjoyed making the 3D storyboard animation I posted earlier and I am a fast learner and am very eager to learn.I would really like to get in contact with any professional or gaming/animation studio out there.So if there's any studio or professional that wouldn't mind having an extra trainee,I would be more than happy and grateful to be there to learn and help out in every possible way.

Once again,thanks for your replies,Robert.B,takmask,and capt underoo.I would have those points in mind when I am working on my 3D.

Last edited by melviso; August 23rd, 2008 at 02:54 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it was to be kinda like a Teaser Trailer and so it shouldn't reveal much.
    I'm going to be blunt here - The storyboards reveal nothing! and if there's nothing to see, then it doesn't hold my interest.

You need a plot, an action (or two) and something to grab our attention. A girl standing in a warehouse doesn't do it.

my sketches here... http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=92997

www.sevans.co.nz , visit them or a puppy dies!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Storyboards are one thing, animatics are another. What you have in that video is an animatic. You've taken still images and pieced them together with time. That being said, your timing, needs SOOOO much work. You have lots of cuts that are so fast that it's visually confusing. It feels like the images were just dropped into a movie editor with little thought, which is a no no. The computer, while able, is a terrible animator and timer. Seriously, hold some shots, omit some, but dear lord do not just flash, flash, flash, flash them and expect us to understand or even tell what's going on.

Modeling... yeah, the girl needs work. She's not attractive, she's very pointy in the face, which in itself isn't bad, but in this case it just looks like sloppy modeling or a mistake.

Animation... again, needs lots of work, BUT isn't necessary for most animatics. However, what poses you do decide to freeze on should be stronger. Depending on what direction you want to go professionally I may just say to ask someone to pose her out. If you want to be an animator, then you'll have to work it out yourself.

You do have some nice shots, I can feel what you're after, but it feels choppy and rushed (both of these are mostly timing issues). I'd fix the timing, then show it again and ask for some more critiques. Maybe I'd put the girl in the thread too with a slow turn around and a wireframe so you can get some crits on those.

If you don't have a story in mind, things come off as cookie cutter (indeed World Of Ninjas sounds very cliche, and I love ninjas, so I understand how hard it is to fight that stigma). If there's no big story, at least make up an antic next time (preparing for a battle, cleaning your weapons, etc.)

Is this part of a school program? Are you done with it, looking for work, or do you have more semesters?

Doing it all yourself is hard work, but it's good when you start out because you quickly find what you like. Rarely in the professional world will you do it all. Commercial work does hire more generalists, but that's one of the hardest gigs in my opinion (being a generalist).

Apathy, the new political party. "Just because it's bad doesn't mean it couldn't be worse.. so in reality we're doing great!"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks SEVANS and Books for the crits.I totally agree with what you guys have pointed out.Actually I must admit doing everything myself was hard work but there is the sense of fufilment you get when you go through the modelling,uvmapping,texturing,and rigging yourself and then watch this creation come to life in animation.It's more than words can descibe.

Now,I intend to rework the model with MUDBOX(bless the makers of this great software)and chip in cool details here and there to make her look more realistic and I am working on the plot.This time there will be some awesome fighting with one of her allies to help her out.I don't want to give the plot away. I am going for smooth animation and its gonna last not less than 3 mins.

It is not part of a school program.I learnt everything about 3D by myself(self taught) and I am looking for somewhere where I can do an internship and learn from the masters.

By the way,the compartment that looks like a warehouse is actually part of a huge aircraft.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.