Where to study Illustration/School of art in Australia?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Where to study Illustration/School of art in Australia?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking Where to study Illustration/School of art in Australia?

Dear fellows,
    I've been searching for a school of Arts in Australia which provides Illustration major but the result is not very positive. I'm not sure if i searched it right or may be my search skill is bAd . I need you guys to help me!

So, i'm looking for a school which have Graduate degree in Illustration. Now i'm currently in 4th year of a Fine Art school and will have a BFA next year. Hope that i have enough time to prepare . Also, i love the Illustration Department of Academy of Art University in U.S ( i mean i love their student works and how the system works/organizes). Could you please give me some advices or suggestion of any art school in Australia which have similar system like that? RMIT has AIM (animation & interactive media) is the best i can find but still they don't have a separate Illustration major.

This is very important to me. I really need your experience in this field!

Thanks a million!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    huhu no reply yet? I desperately need suggestions from you guys!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have no idea. One of my best friends lives in Melbourne. I myself am considering Victoria College of Art for future schooling. The nice thing about art school in Australia or even England is that getting an education is alot cheaper plus a degree takes 3 years instead which is money saving. Good luck finding a school!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks ClassyLady for your reply. Yes , i have the same reasons to choose study in Australia like you, plus Australia is nearer from my country. However the most important thing is i haven't found any school which has illustration department yet since most of the Australian art schools combine illustration into animation major.
    Hope you guys can help me!
    Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've also been wondering about this. In two years' time, my boyfriend and I be living in Australia (we're not sure which city yet, but I'm leaning towards Melbourne or Sydney) and I'm worried about starting my undergrad here (Canada) and not being able to continue it there, not to mention leaving the country with all sorts of debt only to wrack up some more seems kind of scary! It seems like it would be easier to get it done and over with while we are there.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Illustration degree.

Hey guys, I just finished my degree in illustration at NMIT in melbourne if your still looking. I know it's 3 years late but hey...

It's brand new, so they have to iron out some kinks but it's worth it in my opinion. I'm trying to raise the bar in Melbourne and connect with our international brethren hopefully make the community stronger and improve the degree.

"yes"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to deadtree For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by xio View Post
    I've also been wondering about this. In two years' time, my boyfriend and I be living in Australia (we're not sure which city yet, but I'm leaning towards Melbourne or Sydney) and I'm worried about starting my undergrad here (Canada) and not being able to continue it there, not to mention leaving the country with all sorts of debt only to wrack up some more seems kind of scary! It seems like it would be easier to get it done and over with while we are there.
    For god's sake stay in Canada if you want a decent art education and also want a job after you graduate. There are almost no jobs here in this field, and the education standard is way lower than our Northern Hemisphere buddies.

Members who have read this thread: 2