Personality Test for Facebookers - Page 2

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Intp \o\

"What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." Oscar Wilde

MY_SKETCHBOOK
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,357 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The problem with these tests is that I always wonder whether they're measuring us as we are or us as we'd like to be. I mean, you can't see yourself from the outside and without bias so how accurate are the things you perceive about yourself? And does attaching a label to yourself mean you turn the test into a self-fulfilling prophecy? How about context? People fall into different roles in different situations, if you're introverted at work and extroverted at home what the hell is that supposed to mean?

Tests are a fun game but I don't think I'd put too much stock in 'em.

*** Sketchbook * Landscapes * Portfolio * Store***

"There are two kinds of students: the self-taught and the hopeless."
    - Dr. Piotr Rudnicki

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes I noticed the thread was old. I did not want to start a new Jungian Myers-Briggs thread. The first post with the shitty facebook app is lame but I thought that neatness was more important.

I suggest picking the type you think you are, and then taking the test. If your choice before taking the test, and your tested category matches up, you may likely be on target. I went in with the idea that I would come out in the artisan category. I would never have guessed I was a Rational.

Accepting the interesting descriptions Jung wrote has actually allowed me to fulfill my potential more exactingly.

As I grew up I had a lot of assumptions about what I did, and all of these abilities that lay dormant due to my inability to see them in myself. It also helped me understand my relationships with others.

Lady Medusa, you say you vary between types. This may indicate stress as a shadow function. If you can pinpoint areas of stress in your life and how they affect your personality when it changes you may be able to come to a definitive conclusion.

There are a lot of Idealists in the crowd I notice.

---- -
    sehertu mannu narāṭu ina pānāt šagapīru ningishzidda
    abrahadabra

Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 Times in 544 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Old thread yeah, but I'd recommend anyone that hasn't to take this test. I'm ISFP. We did this test at university at one point and you learn a lot about yourself.

- Intuition
    - Sensing
    - Feeling
    - Perceiving

Definitely take the test, it's interesting to read a blurb that (most times) really accurately describes you, more than that it helps you figure out how to work with other people if you need to collaborate; if you think someone's being an arrogant ****, they might actually not be; it might be you wrongly interpreting something pretty innocent from their point of view... etc

Good test to take.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmph, yes, I remember my INTJ yelling at me "YOU JUST LIKE ARGUING, ADMIT IT!"

I narrowed my eyes, remembering (silently) that this was secretly true....although to admit it I would be losing points in the argument....

"ENTPs are usually verbally as well as cerebrally quick, and generally love to argue--both for its own sake, and to show off their debating skills. ENTPs tend to have a perverse sense of humor as well, and enjoy playing devil's advocate. This sometimes confuses, even angers, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport."

- Marina Margaret Heiss

From the website "TypeLogic" http://typelogic.com/

---- -
    abrahadabra

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aw, come on... I know Myers Briggs test but this Facebook app is just a marketing survey. :/

Also, necro much?

INTJ by the way.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Naomi Ningishzidda View Post
    hmph, yes, I remember my INTJ yelling at me "YOU JUST LIKE ARGUING, ADMIT IT!"

I narrowed my eyes, remembering (silently) that this was secretly true....although to admit it I would be losing points in the argument....
    My ex-business partner in a consulting practise is an ENTP, while I am an INFJ. She would argue at the drop of a pin, contradict me at every turn, and was incapable of ever admitting she was wrong (in spite of being wrong her share of the time). This would drive me mad. I on the other hand, when sensing conflict, would turtle and do my own thing, telling her what I was doing only when I was done. This would drive her mad. Oddly enough, we ran a reasonably successful consulting practice for ten years. This is a benefit of combining vastly different personalities I guess.

The point is, the only reason it worked because we were both familiar with MBTI and we both recognized that even though we each considered the other to be mentally incompetent and suffering from borderline personality disorder, ultimately each of us would produce something useful and somehow we could put it all together for the client. Without an understanding of MBTI, I don't think we would have lasted three months.

I agree that FB is using it as a marketing tool, although I have not actually seen the app.

The truth will set you free,
    but first it's gonna piss you off!

Website
    www.ceandersonart.com

Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ed-...47726545290769

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Wooly ESS For This Useful Post:

Izi

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wonder why she felt the need to argue with a partner she had to live with. I would consider that fouling my own aquarium. I am willing to tolerate all manner of behavior in my working partners except that which offends me on an ethical level. I am guessing from personal experience it is overflow from excess boredom, but I would find that a foolish waste of resources. It is also a deficiency in not being able to look at a work group as a kind of machine that requires certain conditions. She may have had some kind of sociopathy going on alongside that manifests in ENTP's mostly as innocuous assholery....

I've kind of learned to turn my debating skills to people I actually dislike and object to on some kind of ethical level. It doesn't work in a family or business partnership. It can be turned inwards to facilitate personal growth - sort of like have a two way conversation with your Holy Guardian Angel (Which is also yourself)

I have heard on some blogs House, M.D. is a prime example of an ENTP.

I think the whole debate thing is a real waste of time for ENTP's - we tend to fall into it because it's much easier for us as extroverts - we get immediate results and it's fun for us. But it doesn't translate into lasting results unless the goal is to repel people. And I have used it to take out my fair share of creeps and morons. But it took a couple of INTJ's (The Mastermind) to point out that I was really shooting myself in the foot half the time.

I am guessing that Generation § will have a lot less difficulty integrating since the world is now run by the Baby Boomer generation....

Last edited by Izi; October 26th, 2011 at 07:21 AM.
    ---- -
    abrahadabra

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some people bring out the worst in each other!

On the other hand, conflict can be the path to progress.

Website
    www.ceandersonart.com

Facebook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mozchops For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 849 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    "ENTPs are usually verbally as well as cerebrally quick, and generally love to argue--both for its own sake, and to show off their debating skills. ENTPs tend to have a perverse sense of humor as well, and enjoy playing devil's advocate. This sometimes confuses, even angers, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport."

- Marina Margaret Heiss

From the website "TypeLogic" http://typelogic.com/
    I scored ENTP and that quote really does apply to me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I got an ENFP which for the most part matches up with what I thought myself but I'm not too sure about the "enthusiasm" and "excitedness", I think I'm more subtle in those areas.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterKiller_ View Post
    Quite the contrary. INTP accounts for approximately 1% of the population.
    On the other hand, INTPs are almost certainly over-represented amongst those who take internet tests.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well I didn't go through the whole app because I've taken Myers-Briggs type of tests before and I always turned out to be INFJ. It's very interesting, like your personality does not change at all. INFJ's seem to be self sabotaging bohemian types, which is something I want to change about myself actually. Now I'm wondering if other INFJ's draw like I do.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 882 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    INFP - but I can't really understand the profile write up except the bit at the bottom...I'm the same personality as Scott Bakula, Lisa Kudrow and The Bard...get in there!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lady Medusa, you say you vary between types. This may indicate stress as a shadow function. If you can pinpoint areas of stress in your life and how they affect your personality when it changes you may be able to come to a definitive conclusion.
    Shadow function? Wow, never heard that expression before. I read up on that and it seems like it might be something there thanks.
    I read up on the various types and figured I'm definitely an ISFJ-type (The Guardian, Protector).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Gokce View Post
    well I didn't go through the whole app because I've taken Myers-Briggs type of tests before and I always turned out to be INFJ. It's very interesting, like your personality does not change at all. INFJ's seem to be self sabotaging bohemian types, which is something I want to change about myself actually. Now I'm wondering if other INFJ's draw like I do.
    I'm an INFJ and I thought the word for us was "flake". Bohemian is so much classier, and I will use it from now on! I don't know about the self sabotaging part. I guess it depends......

Website
    www.ceandersonart.com

Facebook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.