Black Flag, Black Dog
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Black Flag, Black Dog

RosemaryDarling is offline needs a lesson in mark making Level 2 Gladiator: Ordinarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Black Flag, Black Dog

Name:  blagdog.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  63.5 KB
    While I'm practicing daily on learning my anatomy, it's been a lot of orthographic views so I thought I'd try to draw a person in relation to a horizon. I'm reasonably pleased with the girl(apart from the right knee), and the perspective of the dog looked alright as a sketch, but now ergh, all wrong.

I'm referencing more from real life rather than just using the Loomis methods, but I really feel like I'm making the same mistakes over and over again.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Right, I've done a re-paint - using the Loomis method, amid others - and the result is as shown. Sometimes you could try using a guide like this; some things match up oddly if drawn from real life or just not observed closely enough.

Alternatively, the proportions of the figure would've worked best with a lower horizon line, instead of just placing it slap bang in the middle of the page. As a result, the figure is leaning away and off-balance instead of being viewed from a low angle. Hope the guide helps you out a bit.

Attached Images Attached Images  

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Euphemism For This Useful Post:

RosemaryDarling is offline needs a lesson in mark making Level 2 Gladiator: Ordinarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh thank you that's brilliant. I did use a guide when it was in my sketchbook but because it was only on an A4 sheet it was all a bit cramped up. I'm going to continue working on this!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.