Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Caffeine Stream's Sketchbook

Threaded View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile Caffeine Stream's Sketchbook

Hey There,
    I'm David a 21 year old chemical engineering student at sheffield uni in the uk who wishes he was studying art!
    I spend a lot of time doodling in class but my work ethos towards my art isn't great, i go from doing a bunch of paintings and drawings over the course of a week to suddenly not doing anything for a month. So my aim with the sketchbook is to get myself produce drawings and paintings on a more regular basis and thus hopefully improve my ability.
    Have to say I'm rather intimidated by the quality of work on this site i have been a member for 2 or 3 years but never really posted much so this is a big leap for me.

Anyway enough talking. Here are two recent oil paintings. I have not done any oil painting in about two years so i started with some still life subjects you will probably get too see a few more over the next few weeks till i become comfortable with oils again.
    You should soon be inundated with sketches and such I just need to find my mini sketch book.

If anyone has any tips on how to upload paintings so they don't look crap please tell me as the scanner is rather brutal and the paintings loose something from them.

I don't know if A still life bread can be influenced by anyone but i was influenced by emily g and w whittaker (spelt wrong I'm sure) and their bread which was amazing.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Caffeine_stream; August 25th, 2008 at 07:33 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.