Did I do something wrong?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Did I do something wrong?

Hi All,
    I'm just kind of wondering if I showed some sort of breach of forum etiquette when I posted my sketchbook or if people just ignore noobs? Maybe the art wasn't sketchy enough?

Clearly I did something wrong because nobody left a single comment. I'm not complaining I'm really just wondering why all the other sketchbooks got dozens of comments and mine dropped off into the abyss with nary a peep.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't get discouraged. I have been posting for a little while and not really gotten any feedback or looks. Here is some advice, use your sketchbook as your signature and post in other peoples sketchbook you like. They will most likely check you out. That should get you going. I am not doing this because I want people to find me. But that would be a quick way to get noticed.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh good point. I'm sure showing an interest in other people's work is a good first step towards being part of the community.

I just thought it was odd. There were some 60 folks who looked at it but nobody said anything. It was kinda like walking into a party and everybody stares at you but nobody says a word to you. You kinda wonder if you forgot to put your pants on or something.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well...you know

A. Keep possting in your SB keep it popping up on that first page. and be patient

even when you've been around as long as I have and participated in all kinda of stuff and etcetc
    mine still drops like a stone. but your SB is for you to keep your progress in.

just a hint, don't whinw about lack of crits. If you really want them.... possible harsh ones .... and you can take it in stride.. try IRC chat.

it takes a while. patience grasshopper

To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ight=chaos%27s

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't be sad, I've been there... Nothing much more frustrating and hurting than people not saying anything. Fishing for comments like "thanks for visiting my sb, you have great stuff, keep it up" is not what I consider feedback or worth anything. Get your way into the irc chatt and get live feedback... and put your SB in your signature. You need to break the ice first to get contact with people. Good luck. And welcome to CA.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm also new here and I don't really mind the lack of comments, because I'm a beginner and most of the stuff I post (studies) have already been seen numerous times on this forum. Furthermore, I've noticed that sketchbooks by newcomers are almost a daily occurence (guess everybody wants to be a conceptartist ), so the regular members are probably quite used to it.

Just keep on improving your skills, people will notice that

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks guys!

You have been very encouraging.

I will check out the IRC. I can take tough crits. Its really the only way to improve at my advanced age. I've been drawing for 40+ years and have developed some bad habits that require bluntness to get rid of.

Its the crits that I miss most from art school - even though they used to fill me with dread.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,494 Times in 744 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    After the first few weeks, I pretty much stopped commenting in sketchbooks because a) MAN the sketchbook section moves fast. Stuff just disappears off the bottom of the page, and I forget where I've started a conversation and I get frustrated. And b) some people want feedback very much, some not so much.

Try taking one piece from your sketchbook and dropping it in the Critique section. Maybe something representative of where you get stuck. Or, if you have the chops for it, something you're pretty pleased with

I was once on the receiving end of a critique so savagely nasty, I marched straight out of class to the office and changed my major (sketchbook).

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.