Sketchbook: Dylan's Sketchbook

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Dylan's Sketchbook

Hello everyone, I'm Dylan as my name would suggest hmmm. I'm curently 18 and attending my first year at the Alberta College of Art and Design in the fall, I am looking forward to it since I have no art related friends... It's a lonely world.

Hmmm my biggest influence would have to be Hiroaki Samura the creator of "Blade of the Immortal" and a slew of erotic illustrations of women being tortured, very graphic... I'm considering perchaseing his art book of them. I wonder if I would enjoy drawing such images *thinks* hmmm maybe, but to intimidating as of now! Samura is an amazeing artist but what I really like about his stories are how he depicts to pains of liveing in this world. This broad theme has always drawn me in, I love drama targeted at an older audience. Have any suggestions to books I may like? I'm sure there's thousands, I just havnt poked my nose into them yet.

At this time I'm focusing my self on perceving edges, shapes, and contours more effectively. Then I guess at ACAD ill focus on what ever they tell me to ^_^''

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Dylan.Ashby; August 11th, 2008 at 08:18 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A girl a painted with acrylics. After feeling satsified with the outcome I felt what the painting showed to me was a girl hideing from her own ambitions and affections. She's at a bus stop or another casual location and someone is trying to get to know her more. However she's afraid of there affection for her and at the same time afraid of her own affection to them. So she uses a book as an excuse to ignore. A very closed girl, but she gets by, I feel she will be alright.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A sketch I did for my friend as a gift, when I make gifts I tend to try and illustrate them as I see them. I see this boy as a dreamer, waiting for live to arrive and take it's course. Just something I wrote up after an hour of thought. I think it depicts him decently.

Riches lie within hopes and dreams
    The great white hunter
    Here in lies all his strengths and weaknesses
    Just waiting for live to take it's course.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A drawing of "Anotsu" from blade of the immortal in his early twenties. The pose was taken from a panel in Volume one, all I really did was change the background, made it an 18X24 drawing. So as one of my drawing books says, to pay respect to original creator I say "After Samura" =3

I get the feeling of hatered from him, he's looking down on someone with pure contempt. For awhile I was trying to draw the space behind him straight up, but it never looked right to me. The next day I tried tilting it relizeing the perpective was more crooked, I then felt it worked and was done with it.

Last edited by Dylan.Ashby; August 27th, 2008 at 03:46 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Again this is "after Samura" Hmmm I get the feeling this girl is about to have sexual realations... she's not sure of it but feels to defeated to object. She's lonely, and wants the gratification of being needed, if only physically.

Not sure what, but something majorly wrong with the proportion that I'm unable to see... please point it out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The first one is good, but the others seem a bit generic. As for the last one, I'm not the one who can easily spot these kind of errors.

The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I normally hate these kinds of websites, but a friend of mine invited me.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Request to be added first.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by FightingSeraph View Post
    The first one is good, but the others seem a bit generic. As for the last one, I'm not the one who can easily spot these kind of errors.
    I definiently see what you mean buut, they are just practice. I think the reason they feel so generic is because I was copying or refereceing someone elses work. Still with the slew of other ones I have I felt these ones were satisfying enough to post!
    The girl was something more serious and was straight from my head other then a few references I barly even followed. I'm sure with time ill have a certain style that people could link me to.

Thank you for posting

Last edited by Dylan.Ashby; August 11th, 2008 at 08:28 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Phew finally another bigger project! It's quite hard to find the motivation to do anything that requires many hours of work... Maybe ill get better at that though. I am certain if I can't at least work 8 hours a day on art then by no means will I be a profetional. I am looking forward to school, maybe it will give me the motivation I need, since being self motivated... I'm not there yet =(

Very unconfinent things happening right now, but I like it... This is actaully a gift for a very good friend haha! We trust each other much, so I thought hey ill draw her masterbating! She finds it cute XD I felt very uneasy showing her the sketch I did was like "Hey look, I'm drawing you masterbateing as a gift!"

To be honest I never knew drawing girls was so much fun, I must do this more often.

Please any help with the perpective is loved. I must work on it alot, I noticed how bad I am at it.

Last edited by Dylan.Ashby; August 27th, 2008 at 06:46 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.