Sketchbook: Mae's erotic Sketchbook again - Page 10

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Mae's erotic Sketchbook again

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There is Egon Schiele/Klimt feel to your works, but a bit more cartoony. Really like a lot of these!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to EllionV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thank you all

Thank you EllionV, as the "Austrians" have been probably my main inspiration over the years, I must say it's a big compliment.

So here you are, the last three. Two retro-style posters, and a more lifestyle oriented one.

Now there are other things I have to take care of, thank you again, see you in a while.

Mae/Robert

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by maeharrington; November 30th, 2011 at 04:38 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to maeharrington For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just a quick note, my first post without an actual pic to go with it.
    This thread ends here for me, I've realized that there are too many duplicates spread here and there in the web, and I thought I'd rather have a sketchbook here where I post uniquely what the name implies...sketches, and above all, stuff that I wouldn't post anywhere else (website, blog or other sites). Findings. No more finished stuff. It's not a sketchbook otherwise.

So the purpose of this thread ends here, thank you all for the feedback over these last few years. See you in another thread, maybe.

Mae

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Loove whats happening in this book...so much variety and fearlessness in your approach!

SKETCHBOOK

BLOG

"Only put off till tomorrow, what you are willing to die left undone." -Pablo Picasso

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow man, you're really awesome, I envy your sexiness instinct.

Do you have any advice or tutorial how to become able to draw sexy poses, etc.? I'd love to hear them

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ANtY93 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I adore your work and I do not know why. Thanks for continuing to post.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Blonde For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ANtY93: hmm, I'm sure there are so many people out there more qualified to give you technical advice than me. So I'll just give you my own perspective, regardless of the "practicing" part: first of all try to understand what YOU find sexy, or anyway a subject/reference/pose that in someway compels you to draw. I find that there is always something that captures my interest, may be it a certain curve/shape, an angle, a position of a hand, lingerie, a look, the hair that falls in a certain way, the light...look for that, and build on it. What the world doesn't need is the same take on sexuality, or follow the same beaten path, we're all individuals. But you're right, I should one day post a picture with the reference that started it, it might give the idea of how far I go from it. The reference for me is just a starting point, and not viceversa (i.e. my goal is not to reproduce it, but build on it.
    I hope it helps.

Mr. Blonde: Well, I take that as a huge compliment (especially coming from a great artist like you). I can't help you in explaining why, but I'm really glad that you appreciate the stuff I do. I think I will continue posting, but probably I'll start over with a new thread, and try to keep it more focused. As soon as I start it I will come back here to redirect.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am amazed at how you get so much attitude and character, with such few lines. Master of this style...awesome thread...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very inspiring work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love your style. I've been somewhat dabbling in a more stylized technique with my figures, it's quite fun and your images are definitely inspiring me.

My Sketchbook: Criticisms and Feedback needed

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
    Lao-tzu, The Way of Lao-tzu

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LOVE your work. please let us know where else to find you as you are stopping this thread!

Sketchbook

NaidyBlack SpotEyestrainVK

“This is [...] where the anvils are made of graphite, the hammers are as true as rectangular marquee selections and the fires burn with the light of a thousand lensflares.” --Jason Rainville

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i just found this thread and i love it! i love your style and your linework is gorgeous, please let us know where else to find your work if you gonna stop this

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Back with a pic or two

Edit 6 nov 2012: I suspended this thread at the end of 2011, with the intention of starting a brand new one. In the end I just stopped posting here, and always felt a bit sorry for it. I have a lot to catch up, a lot of new material to share, and probably a lot of useful advice and pointers that I have been missing. So I thought I might as well start from where I finished off.

(so I guess this answers krysjez's and rumpenstiltzkin's question)

I will post a random bulk, from sketches to more finished material. Hopefully more to come.

Last edited by maeharrington; November 10th, 2012 at 02:46 PM.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maeharrington For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

21. The Following User Says Thank You to maeharrington For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Glad to have you posting in the thread again. One of my favourite sketchbook threads.

P.O.W.! - All the Comic Challenges you can handle

donalfall's sketchbook - page 14 | donalfall.com | galwaypubscrawl.com | facebook | twitter |

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello Mae! I really love the confidence of your lines, and the variety of styles you have going on her. Those acrylics are awesome!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    these are so right they are wrong. great confidence...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ooh, very recognizable style and I like that your approach to sex and sexuality is so sophisticated. your ladies all seem very confident in their sexuality and nudity.

Available for freelance work & personal commissions!

Prints, phone cases and skins of my artwork available at my Society6 shop: http://society6.com/NathalieZiegler

FB: https://www.facebook.com/MtrDlrsBttst

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    if only i had line confidence like that...

anyway, GREAT stuff, I like your style.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    donalfall: Hi there donalfall, good to see you here too. Well yes, in the end it was the easiest option, and although I don't spend much time in the forum (I cut down forum time as a general rule!) sometimes it's nice to share pics and opinions. I'm not sure I'll be regular, but...

dawnusllaw: yes, lines and variety certainly define what I do (confidence...well, that comes and goes). Not sure if it's always a good thing, but can't help it! Glad you like my pics!

basti0n: sometimes VERY wrong!

Natzetta: glad you like my approach. While I know that it's not always flawless or everyone's cup of tea, I like to think I have a personal onlook to sexuality. Cheers!

PeteJ: ah, don't overestimate other people's confidence or underestimate one's own. I think. Maybe the "good ones" are uber-confident, don't know.

Anyway, here a few more (random).
    Name:  haru.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  122.5 KBName:  yume.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  63.8 KBName:  audreymitai.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  295.9 KBName:  dawnonme.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  163.2 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh my god your style is just so gorgeous and inspiring. I also love drawing females and your works make me want to go make doodles right now. Keep up the excellent work!
    Subscribing right now.

Still learning how to hold a pencil.
    My Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you Daria, that's one of the nicest compliments I could receive (inspire to draw)!

Anyway, a shameless plug now, but for anyone in the London area, I have a group exhibition on along with some other amazing England based artists this Thursday (6th Dec), at the Resistance Gallery in the Bethnal Green area - 265 Poyser Street, Bethnal Green, London, E2 9RF, from 7 to midnight.

I decided to show only original drawings and paintings (hence no digital), so a lot of the Sepia series old and new, the inked drawings, and a couple of paintings.
    So anyone who wants to drop by is more than welcome, there should be a nice crowd on the night! Full info here (also about the other artists...a couple of well known names there) : http://www.jinglebellespinups.co.uk/

So here is the flyer, along with some stuff on show which I haven't posted yet.
    Ja!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We would like to see more...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK. so just had the best 2 hours of my life looking through your stuff and i seriously wish there were a way i could tell you all of this in spanish since i suck too much in english to explian to you how much of an impact your work left on me, first of all, there is only one thing in here better than your females, and that is the progression in your style, and your ventures into onther ways of working and saying so much with just enough words, first and foremost that is what i admire the most, secondly the IMPACT of the work you do, theres this i have no idea how to say it, kind of punch? or a feeling that stays with you after thoroughly looking at your drawings, and its not exactly sadness, but it is something of the sort but yet theres also this sexyness to it, like a tiny cold flame that seduces you into looking closer and closer and when you are there, so close you can feel the heat in your cheeks. it kisses you, and that is why i had such a wonderful time looking through this 10 pages of awesomness, again sorry for all of this rambling gonna be on my way now but i wish you the bests of luck and also a lot of health so you can deliver more and more wonderful artwork for years to come.

PD:i reffed some of your poses they were just delicious and had to have a go at it myself

my sketchbook! Drawing like a maniac!!

My Blog
    My website
    #Bestyear

Destroy your weaknesses! theres nothing more to it! stop bitching grab that pencil and sketch Away!

UPDATED 2014

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by lionheartGFX View Post
    OK. so just had the best 2 hours of my life looking through your stuff and i seriously wish there were a way i could tell you all of this in spanish since i suck too much in english to explian to you how much of an impact your work left on me, first of all, there is only one thing in here better than your females, and that is the progression in your style, and your ventures into onther ways of working and saying so much with just enough words, first and foremost that is what i admire the most, secondly the IMPACT of the work you do, theres this i have no idea how to say it, kind of punch? or a feeling that stays with you after thoroughly looking at your drawings, and its not exactly sadness, but it is something of the sort but yet theres also this sexyness to it, like a tiny cold flame that seduces you into looking closer and closer and when you are there, so close you can feel the heat in your cheeks. it kisses you, and that is why i had such a wonderful time looking through this 10 pages of awesomness, again sorry for all of this rambling gonna be on my way now but i wish you the bests of luck and also a lot of health so you can deliver more and more wonderful artwork for years to come.

PD:i reffed some of your poses they were just delicious and had to have a go at it myself

I don't know why I stopped visiting. Laziness probably. Or disbelief (nausea?) in the whole "net-social-PR" thing. But this must be one of the nicest things anyone has ever written to me. That's all I can say, besides a thank you.

So, a lot of stuff to post. Don't know where to start from o be honest, so I'll just post random stuff (sorry if I double post something shown before)Name:  jaillo.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  149.4 KBName:  kchic.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  88.1 KBName:  aji.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  117.7 KBName:  oh.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  94.2 KBName:  sitdown.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  116.8 KBName:  back.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  117.2 KB.
    Thank you anyway to all who take a look.

cheers
    r.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sleek and stylish designs

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I may be a bit of a prude when it comes to your subject matter, but man do you have style! Great work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    FatMoStank: cheers!
    CraneWife13: naaah, don't worry. I'm anyway glad you enjoy it, prude or not.

Anyway, here's some more stuff. I've grouped here some random sketches/experiments.
    thank you for looking
    r.
    Name:  girlsgirlsgirls.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  67.1 KBName:  pointofview.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  143.4 KBName:  backtomae2.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  99.4 KBName:  theruins.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  194.9 KBName:  backtomae.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  100.5 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, i remember your thread from ages ago! Glad you still took out some time to post your sweet drawings in here, it's very nice to see them again.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you Walnut, yes, I tend to be quite intermittent on the net. But I'll do my best to be more present!

Anyway, here's something that I'm not sure people might find interesting, but you never know. It's a series of drawings done in a life drawing session a couple of Mondays ago in London - I used it to experiment, also taking into consideration the pose times (some are just one minute long)

Name:  bethnal1lo.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  102.6 KBName:  bethnal2lo.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  74.4 KBName:  bethnal4lo.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  76.6 KB

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 72