Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Renewed Study - Anatomy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,265 Times in 918 Posts
    i see serious dedication.
    keep it up!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    The7Artist7 is offline I'll have a double Rocktastic with added awesome please
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,298 Times in 558 Posts
    Hey - you're really progressing! just one quick thing is to watch out for lop-sided features on your faces as most of your head studies recently have one eye higher than the other (try flipping the piece of paper over and holding it up to the light to see - it's amazing sometimes how a pic you're totally happy with will look all over the place if you reverse it!)

Keep up the great work!

(p.s. don't worry I will be doing more studies from life soon - just gotta deal with a lot of stuff right now!)

Thanks

After more than 2 weeks..

Dished - Thank you so much!! You have helped me immensely with your advice. I have been thnking hard about my lines, every time that I draw now. I make myself use my whole arm, when I draw sketches. But, I tend to go back to my scratchiness. Old habits die hard... live free!

Carbono - AHahah. I haven't seen that movie. I haven't been watching anime as much as I want to, though.. I really want to.. I have been watching Barney, and more recently, Elmo in Grouchland. Having a kid really dampens your video selection...

a la bapsi - Thanks for the encouraging words )

The7Artist7 - Yeah I do see the problem with my eyes.. And whats worst is that I do flip my drawings over, even around and in the air sometimes. But, Every time I try to fix it, the other eye looks disproportionate. Anyways, I have been trying to keep it right the first time, but it always messes up. I was beginning to think that I should just draw that upper part of my faces.
    (p.s. I was just joking about my last post on your page. No matter what you put on, I still enjoy it very much. I was duped, but I was still happy.)

Bleh.. I haven't been really in the drawing mood, as of late. I did manage to get some pages of practices done though. I am pretty happy with them. Thanks for all your help guys
    Live life, Live love, Love life, then die -- SaiVix

I would really love some honest critiques and improvements suggestions

Renewed Study - I'm drawing again!!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=133377

Thanks
    Hey SaiVix - Glad you enjoy so much of my work - with the uneven eyes you can simply try drawing a very light guideline mark around or across the face where the eyes go before putting in the detail

here is an example of how uniform your uneven drawing is sometimes:

see how all I've done is to skew the whole pic and everything is pretty well aligned now!
    Attachment 494442Attachment 494443

It's a little like that cool perspective art that only works if you view it from a particular angle

Keep up the great work!

Thanks
    Holy crap! Your sketches have really tightened up. The style you're using on the faces remind me of that European-Manga style (a mix of realism and pretty highlights :3)... It'd be nice if you could study people in real life, and diversify your faces: play with ages, body shapes, proportions, ugliness (!), with wrinkles, or birthmarks. Diversify!!

Thanks
    Keep this up. there is improvement

Thanks
    You've probably heard this before by now but there's a huge improvement just looking over the two pages of your sketchbook. I'd like to offer some advice, but you're already doing most of what I'd suggest. Just keep up the studies!

Thanks
    You really are doing a nice job and improving. Keep it up. I just wanted to point out some stuff you could easily study and improve even more.

You're tending to draw the eyes a bit too far apart. As a general rule of thumb (and it does vary from person to person) there is one eye width between the eyes when looking at the face straight on. On this guy for example: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1223128516 The eyes are much farther apart than one eye width.

Also you're tending to draw arms and legs too thick and lacking in shape. Take some time just to look at an arm or leg and you'll realized how much shape there is to them. It's easy to get caught up in thinking of them as just big tubes, but there's a lot of structure in those tubes.
    "This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy." -Douglas Adams

My Sketchbook

My goal: To get good enough to post in the Finally Finished Forum.

Thanks

Bleh...

Hey guys.. Um.. i haven't been posting much. I haven't been drawing much either.. I got robbed a few weeks ago. They got about $1k worth of stuff.

I was getting ready for work and went downstairs to warm up my car. I put my backpack in the car and started it up. Went upstairs to get into my uniform. 15 minutes later, I come back to the car. I noticed that my backpack was not there. I figured that I might've put it in the trunk, like i sometimes do. Well when I got to work, I couldn't find my backpack. I went back home to see if I even took it with me downstairs. Its not at home. So some punkass took it out of my car.

Along with it are my drawing journals and wacom tablet. They got my clearwire modem, drawing pencils, phone charger, wireless mouse, Left 4 Dead video game, mirror and a bunk of other things that I use to pass time by.

Anyways, I just dont feel like doing anything creative at the moment. I want to find the mother fucker and break a bone for every day that I was without my things... Anyways.. yeah i dont think I will be updating much. I have to save up money to buy drawing pencils and such again... but right now, my money is going towards my family... So yeah.. I will post when I have the money to post...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SaiVix For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    .... So cruel to hear that. (shivers)
    Idiots who steal don't have a clue, regrettably. But, if you find the fucker, may you find peace and his teeth concrete. In the mean time: cheer up, even printing paper and an HB will get your thoughts/practice out.

Thanks

3min Charcoal Sketches

Recent sketches

Thanks
    Hey thanks for dropping by my neglected sketchbook! I've been kinda busy of late but am planning to get more art n sketches in there soon!

with the latest few pics of yours I like the style of the thin stylized lady on the right of this pic:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1236697347

I'd love to see you have a character or 2 in this style with a full background.

cheers - chin up and all the best

Thanks

huhu

Hi ... I'm sorry what happend to you last december! Hopefully, you got it allright again! Cool update and excellent suff ... keep at it ... I hope you post ofteragain

and don't forget anatomy anatomy

cheers

gliederpuppe

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast