Miniature house
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Miniature house

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Miniature house

Does anyone know how to create a miniature house like in CSI Vegas "The Miniature Killer" episode??

Last edited by Sigit; August 6th, 2008 at 01:55 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    google doll houses and miniatures. There's a ton of premade stuff available in craft shops, but the good stuff is pricey.

(...I had a doll house when I was little...)

Some of the stuff is really amazing, like people who rig little electric lights all through them, working fans...

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    One of these days I might actually finish my dolls house. I’m very proud of the winged back arm chair that I stitched instead of gluing per instructions. I also gilded the dining room chairs with gold ink after lacquering them. Putting my own twist on basic forms is very satisfying. I think scumble glazing one of the rooms was a mistake – fashions change.

Use balsa wood, very sharp knives, and tweezers. Also invest in a good magnifying glass. Use clay that you can bake in the oven to make cutlery, plates, even glasses. Choose your scale and stick with it.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Members who have read this thread: 1