bammes book how to?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: bammes book how to?

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

bammes book how to?

i got bridgmans complet guide..rogers pecsk..goldfingers and i just got bammes..anatomy books the bammes book is in german....now what lol how do i study with all the books? how do you guys and girls study with anatomy books?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I imagine you will examine the illustrations and study up on skeletal and muscular structure. You shall also draw what you are learning and apply good anatomical principles to your work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    From the little experience I have, basically it is up to you. You will find that in the different books there will be different approaches at how to study and learn the figure. Go along with them and see what really fits to you. You can even use different techniques from these different books. While you are at it, also grab Loomis "Figure Drawing For All It's Worth" since it is free and you can find his human mannequin method very insightful. Also, like what Wayfaring Stranger mentioned, take these concepts and applied them to your life figure drawing and also try using these methods to draw from non ref.

On a more specific note, I found the Rogers Peck book ideal to get nice real reference of all the human anatomy. With Bammes, even if it is german, try understanding what he is doing in his illustrations. Bammes has a great way of breaking up the anatomy parts into simple forms and objects. In summary, just go over some of them and see which one fits your learning style.

SKETCHBOOK SUPPORTGROUP #48
    Maestro Andres | CouchPotato | Mono2k5 | Sawa | 0shade0

"The aim of figure drawing is never to copy the model but to analyze it." - sfa

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the info guys...im going to work hard to study anatomy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What you may wish to do is choose a common theme (proportions) or body part (hands) and examine each book in turn to skim the information on how the author breaks down and presents that information. Copy it, use it to draw from life and imagination paying attention to how you're incorporating the information you've gleaned. You're results will largely be self-determined and possibly situational (drawing a model with large, blocky hands naturally lends itself to a Bridgman treatment, slender, elegant hands, not so much).

When you feel you've explored the related content from all your books move on to the next body part.

~Richard

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Members who have read this thread: 3