Color management problem
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Unhappy Color management problem

The other day I started to work on my first picture drawn entirely by using Painter (actually it's one of my first colored drawings). The format I chose was psd, so that I could do some smaller tweaks in Photoshop during the process. Everything worked great. Yesterday I thougt that the picture is good enough to upload to my sketchbook and that's where the problems started.

Just before that I thought, that it would be a good idea to create an animated gif from the wip images (I've never done this before). So I opened the psd files (saved in painter) in Photoshop, resized them, saved them in jpg format, then I opened the jpg files in PS and copied them to a new psd file, from which I made the animation, and I saved it. It looked nice, and I was happy.

So I uploaded it to my sketchbook, then I uploaded the jpg image from which I made the last frame of the animation. And that's the part I don't understand. The colors in the uploaded animation looked okay, but in the jpg image they all looked less saturated.
    I checked the final jpg on my computer again and it looks fine. it only looks less saturated if I upload it.

Here's the animation I made

Name:  Anim_004.gif
Views: 272
Size:  1.57 MB

And here is the final jpg

Name:  reffed_015.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  103.6 KB

Question: What did I do wrong? Has that something to do with Painter's color management settings? Or what? Please help.
    I use Painer X and PS CS3.

other question: what are the proper color management settings if I use both PS and Painter. I saw a little color tweak also when I switched between the two apps.

Last edited by Novbert; August 5th, 2008 at 04:22 AM.
    "Try again, fail again,
    fail better!"
    Samuel Beckett
    Sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Please tweak your color management settings: http://homepage.mac.com/pixlart/.Pub...nt%20Color.pdf

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh thanks!
    I have this same problem. that .pdf doc should really help.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.