How to apply new brushes?

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

How to apply new brushes?

Hi there!

On the original PainterX CD there are some EXTRAS containing new/old brushes from previous versions and few new variants. How to get them into my Painter?

The Import/Load brush Library doesn't work...

Thanks for any advice what to do

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    On the Painter X CD, when you open the CorelPainterX > Extras > Brushes folder, all of the folders you see listed are brush libraries.

The easiest way to install those brush libraries is to copy the brush library folder from the CD and paste it into your Painter X User folder's Workspace folder (in whichever Workspace you want the brush library to be available to load).

I'll use the Calligraphic brush library as the example.

On the CD, go to the Extras > Brushes folder, highlight the Calligraphic brush library folder and copy it.

On your hard drive, paste the Calligraphic brush library folder into the following folder:

Mac - Users > [User Name] > Library > Application Support > Corel > Painter X > [Workspace Name] > Brushes

Windows - Documents and Settings > [User Name] > Application Data > Corel > Painter X > [Workspace Name] > Brushes

Launch Painter X and, using the appropriate Workspace (the one into which you pasted the Calligraphic brush library folder), in the Brush Selector menu, choose Load Library, highlight Calligraphic and click the Load button.

That's it!

By the way, Import is used in Painter versions 7 through X.1 to convert Painter 6 and earlier version single-file brush libraries to folders and files and place those folders and files in the appropriate locations so the brush library can be loaded and used.

#

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Many Thanks! I didn't know that Painter installs in 'Documents and Settings' folder also.. I was putting those extras into my default install directory. Boy, this program could be complicated..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Corel Painter X through X.1 automatically writes user preferences, custom settings, and anything the user changes to the Painter X User folder, into whatever Workspace was being used at the time.

Painter X is installed in the application/program folder, not the User folder.

#

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.