Cannot open file, "Insufficient Memory to Complete this Operation"
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Cannot open file, "Insufficient Memory to Complete this Operation"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cannot open file, "Insufficient Memory to Complete this Operation"

So I have this .RIF file. I have been working on it and saving a couple of versions along the way (using "interactive save"), and all was working fine, I could save and open it neatly.

Then all of the sudden, I try to open the lastest version of the file with Painter X, and after it loads, a message saying "Insufficient Memory to Complete this Operation" appears, and the program gives up on loading it.

I tried opening it with a previous version of Painter but I get an error message instead, which makes the program crash.

The weirdest thing is that only the two lastest versions of the file cannot be opened; all but the first one.

How can I get this file back to work? I don't want to lose it.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You must be new to Painter if you think you can restore a corrupted file, your best bet would be to open the last file that is not corrupted and in Scripts try to look for the date of the files to find a match and hit play, if all goes well Painter will reproduce all your brush strokes back until you hit Save.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Portus View Post
    You must be new to Painter if you think you can restore a corrupted file, your best bet would be to open the last file that is not corrupted and in Scripts try to look for the date of the files to find a match and hit play, if all goes well Painter will reproduce all your brush strokes back until you hit Save.
    I'm not new to painter, I just didn't know the file was corrupted (never happened to me before).

Damn... I don't know what I did to corrupt the files. I believe they are a loss then. Thank you anyway.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's the thing with Painter you don't have to do something wrong for it to crash or corrupt a file hence my witty remark, still the scripts are probably your best bet to restore the file.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My response to this question posted in the Painter Factory;

I and others have had an occasional problem saving .riff files compressed, so I no longer do so. It sounds like yours got corrupted some how. It used to be that disk space was a lot more at a premium than now. There are some problems saving as a Photoshop file as mentioned above, but also for me any shapes, text or other vector objects become rasterized.

Another thought, use iterative save often. It saves a whole hell of a lot of aggravation, (and broken punched keyboards)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.