Khalistani Warrior (working title) WIP
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Khalistani Warrior (working title) WIP

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile Khalistani Warrior (working title) WIP

Last edited by prince911; August 2nd, 2008 at 03:09 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay, first things first. It would be great if you gave an explanation of what you are aiming for in this piece. What's going on? Who is this guy? Why is this guy in front of a castle? etc. Determine what your picture is about and then use everything at your disposal to portray that. Gesture, colour composition, focal point. Everything.

The castle I'm guessing is meant to be in the distance. You need to use some aerial perspective to show this. at the moment you are going quite dark in value. If you look at something far away you will find the values tend towards the sky value as the darkest. Use reference. It's the best way to get something looking correct.

One thing that bugs me about the character is his abs. Get some reference for that aswell. Look up body building on google or something.

I like the job you did on the face and hair. You have obviously spent more time on this area.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The thing that's bothering me most is the anatomy of the arms, especially the shoulder muscle. You have too much definition between the individual muscles of the shoulder, and there is way too much of a break between the pecs and the shoulder. Some references of really muscular men would really help in this regard.

As for the rest of the piece, you're going to need to establish a midground and a stronger foreground before this really gets serious. Best of luck! I will be watching this piece very closely to see if I can help

-Dread_Reaper

Dread_Reaper's (HORRIBLY OUTDATED) Book of Darkness and Stuff

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=119607

Current Threads:

DIABLO III fan art
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=275543

Also check out my new website!

http://nickgilliland.daportfolio.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by J_90 View Post
    Okay, first things first. It would be great if you gave an explanation of what you are aiming for in this piece. What's going on?
    ok so , the person you see, the warrior, is defending his castle. He's gona have that you-dont-know-what-i'm-made- of look on his face. He's holding a saif/saiph.
    Who is this guy?
    This is explained in the link in my first post.
    The castle I'm guessing is meant to be in the distance.
    yep
    You need to use some aerial perspective to show this. at the moment you are going quite dark in value. If you look at something far away you will find the values tend towards the sky value as the darkest. Use reference. It's the best way to get something looking correct.

One thing that bugs me about the character is his abs. Get some reference for that aswell. Look up body building on google or something.
    hmm ok
    I like the job you did on the face and hair. You have obviously spent more time on this area.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread_Reaper View Post
    The thing that's bothering me most is the anatomy of the arms, especially the shoulder muscle. You have too much definition between the individual muscles of the shoulder, and there is way too much of a break between the pecs and the shoulder. Some references of really muscular men would really help in this regard.
    ok will definitely get some references.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread_Reaper View Post
    As for the rest of the piece, you're going to need to establish a midground and a stronger foreground before this really gets serious. Best of luck! I will be watching this piece very closely to see if I can help

-Dread_Reaper
    thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.