Concept / Artwork I have been working on.

View testimonialsView Artwork
    ViDA Guest

Working in photoshop with airbrush , seems that the bottom exaust structure is abit off the perspective (vanishing point is right in the middle / behind the girl's head) Im using 1 VOP ,
    My question is , is it possible to construct/sketch out pillars or similar looking structures around the circle using only the guidelines? My question is : will I have to use 2 POV to construct each structure and then move it around to put it in place? or is there a method to sketch it out right on the spot?

thanks.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow this is amazing, i really love the light and the glowing circles you have added to her body. This is just amazing, it looks like its from some kinda movie made in Bryce or 3ds max. Did you do this from scratch? GODDAMN ITS AMAZING, GIMME THE TUTORIAL

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Her arms and legs seem a little out of proportion.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, that's wicked!
    I dig the details in the cybernetics, and the glowy things (we all love glowy things don't we? )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you can draw pillars in with this perspective if that's what you're asking - you have a pretty flat image in perspective terms - by that I mean it's face on and you don't really have any demanding angles suggesting a strong perspective other than in the arch.

I've done a rough draw over to illustrate (hope you dont mind)- I've done this quickly, so obviously, you can take more care..

1-get your persective lines in there- these will be your guidle lines later on. you're speciifcally interested in the area you want to put your pillars on. you want to divide up the floor space ...

next , In Photoshop, I worked out my pillars in a circle. I do this by working flat and then later I'm going to use my above
    perspective guides to position this correctly using the edit>transform>distort tool.

I did this one in a hurry, but you should use the show grid>snap to grid> tool...create a box, hold shift to keep it uniform, then use the corner of the box to create a circular marquee (holding shift again for a uniform circle)- use your stroke tool on your marquee selections to create the lines.

using the snap to grid and your marquee tools divide up the box so you can create an inner circle (or of course, if you have created the first circle on a new layer you could try select>modify>contract X# pixels)

then I used the spacing between the 2 circles to judge the diameters of my columns. - I only created one, then copy/pasted the layer to create the others...

(btw - this stroke layer should be on a seperate layer - not merged with black)

finally I used the distort tool to aligne the above template layer over the perspective (as I said - this is rushed - best be more accurate) and then I used my rectangular marquee tool to make the vertical lines....

I hope this is some help -I'm guessing this is what you wanted. if you wanted 3point perspective, you would have to re-think your image to accommodate.

good luck
    jez

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ...oh I should add that once you have your grid 'n' circle layer - duplicate it and lift up to give you accurate guides for the curvature of the pillars in the correct perspective. you'll have to distort it into the correct perspective of course. repeat as many times as you see fit. I'll do another illustration if you want me to clarify.

It's an intereseting image you have there, Vida -lovely rendering. looks like you've worked on half and flipped horizontally - good technique and a time saver. I look forward to seeing the finished piece.

thanks again.
    jez

Last edited by jezelf; October 22nd, 2002 at 07:27 AM.

ViDA Guest
    Thanks man , Im very familiar with perspective , you gave me this wonderfull idea ( about the circle lifting ) , I wanted to replay with that idea , but you already posted it in your last post haha ; ). I actually was more interested in approach when you are using 2 vp to construct your objects ,
    1 vp from the left ( according to the horison line ) and one from the right . the problem with that would be is that its hard to adjust the object in to the right place after modelling it.
    Actually , hm yeah , if Im going to place squares in a circular pattern , so that the inner side is perpendicular to the radius of the circle , then transform it in to the perspective . After that its easy to find a corresponding pov for the diagonal !! heh thanks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi there, no worries, you're welcome - yeah - thinking about it you could follow the above and then once you have your 1 persective inplace - just try using image>transform>skew to change to another perpective.

best wishes
    jez

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

hands

Maybe here hands could hold floating items above them as well or have powers coming up off them.

Darrell Bowman
    Freelance render

Blog This!

Draw Draw Draw

ViDA Guest
    Glad they look that way , because that is exactly what I was going to do.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.