Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Quest for improvement: I MUST GET BETTER

Thanks
    Yeah noses are really hard, but remember you can always get a good step by step technique from tutorials but remember it is always better to copy from life and not drawings because you pick up their mistakes.One tip on the eyes is to draw more clean lines, think of where to put the line before you put down the pencil. The improvement looks great so far, keep going!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellyon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity Kendall View Post
    I think noses are about as difficult a thing as youll ever have to draw, and youre doing a great job!
    I agree 100% with you there: noses ARE a pain to draw. I spent like an hour and half trying to get it to look like a nose. Almost gave up too but my teacher was encouraging me and telling me I could do it and what do you know, I did it.
    "Why explore the distant planets when my own mind is a mystery and an adventure in itself." S. Rios

"There is no bigger world or greater reality than your own imagination." S. Rios

Thanks
    You've come a good way from your first post Antgirl, keep up the good work!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tim Murphy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

A still life and a bunch of doodles

These are just doodles I've done during Philosophy and Classic Mythology class between last week and today. The page with the mythological creatures is some information with illustrations given to me in Classic Mythology class, I just drew Percy Jackson from Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan next to the creatures because I thought about him saying that. The bust is a statue of some man who's name I forgot that lies in one of the squares at my university. That I did today. The kind of abstract symbols done in blue pen (the long horizontal strip) are some doodles I did trying to figure out how to make a symbol for dragon shape shifters that are part of one of my stories. The "Requiescat en pace" is chibi Ezio from Assassin's Creed 2 and the face peeking out of the page is a 60 seconds doodle I did as a professor talked about how some ancient Greek god's testicles fell into the ocean and created a goddess....weird class I tell yah. I've posted this just to post something, even if I don't have time to do studies everyday, I still try to keep drawing something, anything.
    "Why explore the distant planets when my own mind is a mystery and an adventure in itself." S. Rios

"There is no bigger world or greater reality than your own imagination." S. Rios

Thanks
    Your work is still very symbolic. I'd recommend working literally from what you see, not what you think you see. Consider having a look at Edwards?
    Amateur Artist. Professional Asshole.

Lookit the Pretty!

Rule #1 of depicting soldiers: KEEP THE DAMN FINGER OFF THE DAMN TRIGGER.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Falchion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Falchion View Post
    Your work is still very symbolic. I'd recommend working literally from what you see, not what you think you see. Consider having a look at Edwards?
    Hm, I'm afraid I don't understand. You mean working more from observation than imagination? Because if that is what you mean, I'm already working on that, but I don't always can stop and stare at something to draw it since my time's limited. And Edwards would be?

Thanks
    Betty Edwards' "Learn to Draw: Drawing with the Right Side of the Brain" would likely help since you're still largely drawing what you think an object should arbitrarily look like instead of how it actually looks like. Observe this comparison:

Symbolic:
    Quest for improvement: I MUST GET BETTER

Non-symbolic:
    Amateur Artist. Professional Asshole.

Lookit the Pretty!

Rule #1 of depicting soldiers: KEEP THE DAMN FINGER OFF THE DAMN TRIGGER.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Falchion View Post
    Betty Edwards' "Learn to Draw: Drawing with the Right Side of the Brain" would likely help since you're still largely drawing what you think an object should arbitrarily look like instead of how it actually looks like. Observe this comparison:

Symbolic:

Non-symbolic:
    Thanks. I'll give it a look.

Thanks
    Practicing how to draw ears. They're really complicated with all the curves and folds and the shadows they cast over each other. But the hardest thing to draw by far was the hair. My teacher then explained some generic proportions for the human body. I'm supposed to be doing sketches, gestures only not outlining, of people for next week so expect that soon.

Thanks
    First one was drawn mostly from my mind but I did look at a rider, didn't bother to look at reference for the horse on this occasion. The second one was an attempt at gesture drawing using my grandmother as my model .

Thanks

Figure studies

Gesture, figure studies I did this week. Tried to keep true to the proportions. The last two were referenced from pictures taken by stock artist Senshi. A link to her gallery here http://senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/. Next post will include the gesture drawings done in my art class.

Thanks

Gesture drawing

These are gesture drawings I did in art class today. They were drawn by looking at other gesture drawings so they are not the ideal exercises but I'll be doing more of them by looking at actual people (if I can convince anyone to pose for me) or at photographs. My teacher liked them but I don't know what to think about them. At least they look human this time. ;D

Thanks
    I had some free time today and I saw a picture I really liked of some trees by the side of the road that MontvalentStock provided in her gallery so I tried to draw what I saw in it but its not by far accurate. http://antgirl.deviantart.com/favour...62516#/d3b43sl
    Last edited by Antgirl; March 7th, 2011 at 08:47 PM. Reason: description

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast