Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thank you Samuel.

The Bridgman anatomy book has arrived now. I haven't had a look on it yet, but next time I train anatomy I will.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Samuel Gray For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Whoah. Thank you Samuel! I'll take a look on those.

Back to the abomination. I am so f***ing pissed off right now. I started colouring it with soft brush (which I usually don't do) and pretty much ruined the whole work. It all looked so nice while it was still B&W, but in that instant I added colours: BOOM! The whole thing is screwed...

I am seriously considering leaving this one incomplete... Unless I feel better tomorrow and colour it all over again from the scratch.

And it took about six to seven hours to ruin this. Pretty impressive eh? ^_^

Noob's not so daily diary (updated 24.8.2010)

Thanks
    I scrapped the abomination. Just didn't feel like continuing at all...

I read a tutorial about colouring with photoshop and applied this information to a deep sea jellyfish. It isn't very good as a picture, but I really like the colours I managed to achieve with the tutorial! I'll make a new deep sea creature with proper design AND this new knowledge of colouring.

It's hugging itself with its' tentacles if you're wondering what those things are wrapped around the upper body.

Giant Deep Sea Jellyfish:

Thanks
    I'm very pleased with this one. Maybe it's a bit too clean and smooth, but I really like it nevertheless.
    Last edited by Arbinn; February 16th, 2009 at 07:46 PM.

Thanks
    Love the atmosphere of the last couple of posts. It's really creepy! I think one thing you might want to try (with the dots of light in the last one) is to vary the brightness? Like.. how some stars are more faded than others? Right now you have lots of bright spots, which draws the eye around the background when the focus should be on the two central critters.

Thanks
    I added few bright spots and thought "hey! these look pretty nice!" and spammed the background full of them. x)

Now that you said it, they indeed steal some of the attention, but isn't that the actual purpose of those lights? To gain attention? Even if it was unintented.

Thanks for the comment.

Thanks
    I drew a quick Groke from the Moomins. This was seriously some scary shit when I was a kid. I've just recently been cured from my fear of Groke but I still get chills from watching it or hearing the music.

The Groke
    Another pic

"She appears as a ghostlike hill-shaped body with two cold staring eyes and a wide row of white shiny teeth. In the book Who Will Comfort Toffle?, it is mentioned that she has a tail, but it has never been seen. Wherever she stands, the ground below her freezes and plants and grass die. She leaves a trace of ice and snow when she walks the ground. Anything she touches will freeze and on one instance she froze a camp fire by sitting down on it. She seeks friendship and warmth, but she is declined by everyone and everything, leaving her in her cold cavern on top of the Lonely Mountains. The Groke is both a live representation of loneliness and a psychological depiction of very lonely people who have a hard time accepting and expressing love in the right way, making them seem cold and scary to others, which, in turn, only leads to more loneliness."

- Wikipedia

Quickie:

Thanks
    Hydralisk lineart. I like it.

To be honest, I did take some reference from Mr--Jack's hydralisk. I try not to copy but his hydra was very helpful and inspiring.

Thanks
    Especially in terms of light and atmosphere your works are really starting to pop! Good work!
    MY SKETCHBOOK

I know it's all been done before, I want to do it again. I want to do it again.

Thanks
    Thank you Kasper.

I consider myself lazy as I just paint everything black for atmosphere instead of trying something more difficult.

Thanks
    Hey man, you make good progress! but you are making it to complicated for yourself!
    start loose ,start light, use a big brush and dont start rendering before you complete composing your image!
    and maybe use easy subjects to increase your skills before rendering out deap sea fish
    paint a tomato, your wrist watch, a little toy figure, anyting you can lay down in front of you and learn from it by looking at it! notice what its made of, how light reacts to it, what shadows it casts and so on!
    study first then make thigns up!
    regarding your monster-knight fighting scene pic. keep in mind that drawing/painting is ntohing more than creating the illusion of depth on a flat surface (monitor or canvas/paper) your composition is very flat with both figures on the same plane in space, look at masterpieces how they create depth! (for example by placing the figures in front of each other OVERLAPING, by perspective, by atmosphere or color perspective. by contrasts of dark and light ....etc) think of what you like about other artists paintings and try to incorporate their methods! keep practicing and please show us more!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Katzenminze For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thank you so much for the critic and encouragement Katzeminze. Your post along with Kasper's made my night.

I know I should do all kinds of "boring" trainings, but I can't keep myself away from drawing cool stuff I really can't draw that well.

Here's Hydralisk WIP:

Thanks
    Current WIP:

Thanks
    The image quality is terrible.

Hydra WIP:

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast