Sketchbook: Adonified 5's sketchbook
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Adonified 5's sketchbook

Last edited by Adonified 5; July 28th, 2008 at 06:33 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey! Your stuff isn't bad at all. You have some anatomy to work on for sure, but who doesn't nowadays? Even I struggle. It's good that you come here for help. Too many artists whine and complain because of crits, because not all of them are sugarcoated. Lol.

I'd really like to see you try drawing people in different angles, rather than just frontal view, side view...Try from above, from below, 3/4th view, etc...Just attempt as many angles as you can picture.

To practice this, and gesture (Very helpful for poses and to keep your drawings loose), might I suggest this site? http://posemaniacs.com/?pagename=thirtysecond

I hope this helps. Keep on drawing! And welcome to CA!

"Looking for critiques! Any help is appreciated."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you so much Sky. I've been trying to get into realistic drawing as of late. Your tips are much appreciated.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Start drawing from life, but draw what you see, which you're not doing yet. I'll bet you two icecubes and a paperclip that when you drew that desk, everything was in perspective, and every single object was not facing directly at you. This is called thinking/drawing in symbols, where (for instance) you see an eye on the person you are looking at, but when you draw them the eye you draw is not the eye you see, but rather a shape you happen to represent an eye with...it is a hard habit to break out of, but there are a lot of exercises that can you help you do it. I suggest breaking away from the people (unless you are drawing a real person) and drawing smaller stuff you can put in front of you for a while.

Last edited by Kiolia; July 28th, 2008 at 09:07 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey bro glad to see you finally made the sketchbook. I look forward to seeing more of your stuff EVERYDAY! ( haha, I don't even update my SB everyday ) I love it when you make progress and I love looking at your stuff. Pretty much everything i was going to say was covered in those two posts so I'll just say keep it up and study anatomy.

~ Bimmy ( haha )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Anatomy Concept

This is just another anatomy concept. I attempted drawing an anatomical structure from 3/4 view and a concept of a skull. Critique is welcome as always. Thank guys.

Last edited by Adonified 5; September 15th, 2008 at 08:04 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Human Head

hey, it's been a bit since i posted. I've been a little caught up in other stuff, . Well here's a new piece i did. A human head at side view. It's not much so any critique would be appreciated, as always. Thanks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Moar sketches!

Hey CA! I have more pieces for all to see and critique. In these posts, I did a few concepts of my future video game characters and a little more study on the human skull. The last picture was supposed to be a female...it didn't turn out so well so any tips on how to draw a feminine face would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can only tell you to have a little bit more fun with your work. Moving out of your comfort zone into something unfamiliar. You'd find that you learn a lot more that way. Participate in the DSGs! Your characters thus far look good but...theres a bit of repetition in it. I don't know if Mr. Phoenix has told you that you can squash and stretch heads to make them look a little different.

I also can't stress the studying of references. I'd really love seeing some of that in your SB

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,154 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    not much to say but read loomis books, you can find them on the forums, study anatomy, proportions, perspective and youll improve heaps.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.