Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 608 Posts
    Update.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    More steps...

Thanks
    DUDE! I love your style. It's humorous and reminds me of something close to what I see in Ren and Stimpy. Your lines are smooth and edged and clean and beautiful.

Keep up the sketches, man.

Thanks
    Franshawn: Thanx! I will!

Finished!

Thanks
    Really nice, solid, smooth, clean, confident inks. I don't see the same confidence in your life drawings though, hence all the scratchy, unnecessary lines. I think you may be lingering too much on your sketches-- just let go and draw more--you don't have to comment on every doodle, or make all the lines and shapes perfect. I know artists who have some really loose sketches, but who produce ridiculously detailed, well-constructed finished work. I think it helps to have a balance of quick and long sketches.

Other than that, just keep it up! Try some other styles too-- even cartoonists need not limit themselves to one style. Pick up "Cartoon America," it has loads of different styles from cartooning's history. Or just look at lots of different kinds of art, if you want to broaden your horizons.
    Last edited by eminkey2003; October 6th, 2008 at 07:49 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to eminkey2003 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    you got some smooth lines guy, good face expressions, body posture and really good atmosphere among your duos, have you tried puting extra color to your art as an experiment like more shade of the same color, but anyways you platform is looking good, add more for those critques hehe .-.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Niku For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eminkey2003 View Post
    Really nice, solid, smooth, clean, confident inks. I don't see the same confidence in your life drawings though, hence all the scratchy, unnecessary lines. I think you may be lingering too much on your sketches-- just let go and draw more--you don't have to comment on every doodle, or make all the lines and shapes perfect. I know artists who have some really loose sketches, but who produce ridiculously detailed, well-constructed finished work. I think it helps to have a balance of quick and long sketches.
    Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by eminkey2003 View Post
    Other than that, just keep it up! Try some other styles too-- even cartoonists need not limit themselves to one style. Pick up "Cartoon America," it has loads of different styles from cartooning's history. Or just look at lots of different kinds of art, if you want to broaden your horizons.
    I saw that book the other day! I'll go pick it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    you got some smooth lines guy, good face expressions, body posture and really good atmosphere among your duos, have you tried puting extra color to your art as an experiment like more shade of the same color, but anyways you platform is looking good, add more for those critques hehe .-.
    Thanks. I'll expiriment with color more.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the commenting on the doodles thing is just something silly I add right before it hits the scanner. (Like the Mr. Clean reference on the life gestures).
    Last edited by Psychotime; October 7th, 2008 at 04:11 PM.

Thanks
    More Posemaniacs shenanigans. First block is a bunch of 10 second ones. Second has 30 seconds. Messing with the 10 second stuff sorta got me in the right mind state to do 30s, which I couldn't before. I'm still not sure if I'm doing it 100% right, though. But at least it isn't chicken scratch anymore.
    Last edited by Psychotime; October 7th, 2008 at 08:03 PM.

Thanks
    You're doin good on the quick sketches The more you practice the better you'll get! I haven't been able to go to any life drawing sessions though... And I still envy how confident your lines are with your characters. Are the last three studies from a book or something?

Seriously, though. Do you go to SCAD?
    Super Sketch Group! numbah 70
    Darlene Kidult Lad DigitallyDumbfounded shardana Psychotime
    And me!

Let's learn together!

(Oh, and here's my blog. It's just me and my goofy doodles. Oh, but now there's also my portfolio site!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bombchu View Post
    You're doin good on the quick sketches The more you practice the better you'll get! I haven't been able to go to any life drawing sessions though... And I still envy how confident your lines are with your characters. Are the last three studies from a book or something?

Seriously, though. Do you go to SCAD?
    Thanks. Yep, I'm at SCAD.

The last 3 were googled up. I need to get one of the Bridgeman books.

Some more posemaniacs before I turn in. I think that I need to start with 10 second stuff first before I do 30's. Most of these didn't feel right.

ALSO: That frog kinda looks like my grand-dad.

Thanks
    Whaaa~ Can I come meet you? I'm all excited! lol

Er... well, can I?

Edit: Uh, by th' way, even though mine are absolutely crazy and all over the place, I learned that it's best to draw the "spine" first, whether or not you draw the rest of the skeleton. Just drawing that one line really helps to capture the... essence of the gesture? Something like that... 'cos y'know, the rest of the limbs... uh... I'm tired.

Double edit: What! I didn't know you were using a website for these. Awesome.
    Last edited by bombchu; October 8th, 2008 at 04:55 AM.
    Super Sketch Group! numbah 70
    Darlene Kidult Lad DigitallyDumbfounded shardana Psychotime
    And me!

Let's learn together!

(Oh, and here's my blog. It's just me and my goofy doodles. Oh, but now there's also my portfolio site!

Thanks
    wow. These are really interesting. I like your style.
    I think you could vary the perspective on your characters some more, show them from more extreme angles. (Like, looking up at them or so.) Like that you can make your compositions more exciting, I think.
    I reaaaaly dig your shy guys.
    But I think you could go a little more desaturated on your colors, some of them clash much.
    The green glove on the yellow shy guy is a good example for how it can work. You can have one saturated bright color, but the red and yellow in the glassgow smile pic is too much.
    Keep it up!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Letis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bombchu View Post
    Whaaa~ Can I come meet you? I'm all excited! lol

Er... well, can I?
    Sure, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitallyDumbfounded View Post
    I think you could vary the perspective on your characters some more, show them from more extreme angles. (Like, looking up at them or so.) Like that you can make your compositions more exciting, I think.[
    I reaaaaly dig your shy guys.
    But I think you could go a little more desaturated on your colors, some of them clash much.
    The green glove on the yellow shy guy is a good example for how it can work. You can have one saturated bright color, but the red and yellow in the glassgow smile pic is too much.
    Keep it up!!
    Thanks, I'm on it.

Ok, these are some notes from Burne Hogarth's book, Dynamic Wrinkles and Drapery.

Last page is just some stuff for something silly I won't do anything serious with. Sigmund and Maslow, an evil cat that wants to take over the world, and his mute chameleon sidekick who muddles his plans behind his back. Sort of a Pinky and the Brain knock off.

Whatever. It was fun to doodle up. You know what's funny? It all started from a drawing of a brick.

Thanks
    hahaha nice cartoons
    they r nice and cute

and studies are coming out nicely too, keep it up

keep on practicing and thanx for taking a look/replying in SB

Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!~ Bruce Lee

When one has no form, one can be all forms; when one has no style, he can fit in with any style.~ Bruce Lee

Thanks
    More.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast