My Dragon Heart Harvester
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My Dragon Heart Harvester

Hi had this idea last night to draw a Dwarf with a chainsaw. The idea is these Dwarves are called in to cut out the heart of a dead dragon. Don't really know why i thought of it but had to do it. Would love some thoughts on it before i take it any further. I realize the perspective on the chainsaw is a bit off but i wanted it to look very primative in design. Still working on this coloring thing so I hope its coming along. Its still rough around the edges but i wanted another opinion before i spend a lot of time on it. thanks for looking.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hehe, nice concept ^_^

The way you have his left foot positioned it looks like he's about to fell over. Try to plant it more firmly on the ground rather than having him standing on the side of his foot. Also I think his shoulder would look better if it was just a little bigger, I'd round the curve on a top a little and enhance the shading to give it a little more form.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Inverted_insideout For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for that Inverted. I agree wit the left foot, I havent really thought out the possitioning or stace yet and just wanted it to look like he was kind of side stepping. I will probably just end up planting it firmly.

And I had planned to do something with the shoulder, I will try plumping it up like you suggested. I'm glad you like the concept. thanks for your help mate

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just fancied playin around with this a bit more. I guess a dragon harvester should probably have some signs of a dragon nearby. Let me know what you think. I'm just using this piece to play with my technique a bit and I like the idea so its fun too.

I guess you cant complain when you spend hours doin somthing you love.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I kind of like him :]
    Though may I ask where all that blood is coming from? Or is it just a special technique? I like how you added the darkness around his eyes to make him look very umm .. what's the word ... frightening? :]

~*~*~ ferro, ferre, tuli, latus ~*~*~
    ~*~*~ latin rocks my socks ~*~*~
    ~*~*~ pardon my English please if I say something grammatically incorrect ~*~*~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like the idea, the chainsaw needs to be a chainsaw though. when i see the teeth on the chainsaw I sort of see a warhammer 40k esque sort of chain saw weapon where the chain is surrounded by the housing ... but you can still see it and the fact its surrounded.

WetGravy.com ... stabbing monkeys and painting midgets.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    my 2c:

my balance is bad but the chainsaw... has some potential to really be in your face. I like the idea.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by D3l7a3ch0; August 10th, 2008 at 06:44 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Asuka Mai- thanks i'm glad you like him, the idea of the blood was that it was coming from what ever killed the dragon. i know it might be a bit much so i might take it out.

Deadsprite- Thanks for the input, I did want the chainsaw to be a bit differant then the traditional ones so your idea of the warhammer 40000 design is fantastic, but i wouldnt want it to emulate the design to a tee, so it might take some rethinking. cheers.

D3l7a3ch0 - your ideas are nice the second one is very dynamic and portrays a lot of action. The only reason my dwarf is in the pose he's in is because thats just the way he came out. I usually do a few thumbnails first for compositional purposes but this piece sort of evolved out of a few scribbles and was just a fun idea I dreamt up. I really appreciate your help and thanks for taking the time to look at my work.

I have been busy but will update this soon

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.