Art: my first 3d animation

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

my first 3d animation

i just finished taking the sva pre-college class and learned a whole lot about 3d and maya in like 3 weeks. (wow talk about headaches, lol but it was fun)

So here it is, i know its not perfect but i think its pretty good for learning modeling, texturing, and animating everything in 3 weeks. My instructor was amazing.

Last edited by bklyndude326; July 25th, 2008 at 11:19 PM.
    My portfolio **crosses fingers**
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Not bad for a first go at it.
    Very ambitious.
    Learning Texturing, Animation, Dynamics, Modeling, and Lighting is very difficult, and applying it all with any degree of competence in a three week span is no small feat.

That being said, I'd remove the Pixar Pun at the start.
    One, there isn't enough of a connection between your animation and Wall-E to give you the groundwork for the pun.
    But more importantly, your undermining your humor with that title. I believe the piece is trying for a "well that was unexpected" humor style, seeing as how you've made such an obviously Mary Sue heroine; barbie doll figure, glowing vaguely space-age armor, action music soundtrack, such a degree of ninja-competency that she can run straight up a building: we're expecting a smooth flashy victory, not a clumsy tumble. This is humorous because there's a sharp contrast between our expectations and the actual result, so the key here is catching the audience off-guard. Letting us know what's coming beforehand makes the joke fall flat.

I think this piece would be greatly helped by brushing up on your cinematography. There's lots of shots, angles, and type of movements to consider when working with a camera. Generally that aspect of 3d work tends to be under-emphasized in most course structures, but it can have a profound impact on how your influencing your audience.

http://www.aber.ac.uk/media/Documents/short/gramtv.html

Last edited by Zilant; July 26th, 2008 at 12:36 PM.

qabas12 is offline Put that ego away Ramone... your gonna hurt somebody with it.
    Thanks
    same here man......good job on your first try.... did you have to worry about rigging the characters?

Thanks
    thanks zilant, i know what you mean about the title thing lol, it was like a last second title , i didnt really have time to think it through. and Yeah we really didnt spend a lot of time on cinematography and camera animation, i think if i had another 3 weeks to work on it everything would have came out better.

qabas12, we didnt have to rig our characters, there was not enough time so we used an autorigger but if ther was at least another week in the program we probably would have had to manually rig our characters.

My portfolio **crosses fingers**

Thanks
    Good job!

Thanks
    Yep, I agree, especially with the Wall-e thing at the start. These are great results for 3 week tuition (damn!).

Thanks

Wink It's me Marc!

Hey! I can't believe you posted your animation on youtube.

modern art= destroy to create
    digital art= create to destroy

http://www.digimar-k.deviantart.com/

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.