Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Triangle

Thanks

Triangle

Last edited by marak24; July 24th, 2008 at 07:03 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Much of her foundation looks pretty good but that high arm I think is a little short if it is not coming toward us. Because of how it inserts to her shoulder I suspect that it is coming toward us, though, and therefore the hand and forearm should be bigger from foreshortening.

The billowing white region by her head is sort of like the worlds biggest B52s wig, or else a spun fiberglass octopus helmet. You may want to think about indicating where the outer boundary of her hair is if part of that is supposed to be a cloud.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,497 Times in 746 Posts
    Amy? Amy Winehouse? Is that you...?

I was once on the receiving end of a critique so savagely nasty, I marched straight out of class to the office and changed my major (sketchbook).

Thanks
    Your rendering is looking fairly good. I'd like to see what you're planning with the scene. keep us posted on your progress.

My work: [link]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoat View Post
    Amy? Amy Winehouse? Is that you...?
    man, now I can't un-see it.

Anyway, her staff isn't strait, the metallics could use some more work, and her neck is pretty long but other than that it's pretty damn awesome so far!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    I like it! I really like it. But, is she standing or flying? Is she working on exercises or fighting something?

Thanks
    You gave a muscular woman a skinny neck and kinda a small face. She's a bit more Brooke Hogan bodywise (another pic here and here) than say Keira Knightley. Compare the necks (sterno-something-mastoid muscles specifically).

Watch her biceps, they seem a li'l skinny compared to thouse big shoulders and thighs. Maybe the tummycrease and pose are confusing me, but i think her right arm (our left) is a tad too long, while the other arm needs some more forshortning going.

The skirt playing around her foot is a nice thought... but she'll trip over it! Hmm.. check her balance too, she's leaning a bit too the right, rather than to the left like the body is suggesting.

I'm not sure of her right (our left) thigh around the knee, the way you drew it now doesn't suggest foreshortening enough there, and makes her calf/ feet look in the way of her motion rather than adding to it. I think you should rethink that area, pointing the knee more straight up to us, putting her calf more in perspective and less from the sideview. K, i know this is a dude and not the right pose and stuff, but check his left (our right) leg. That's a bit more sane motionwise. The sideview will hurt her hip like crazy.

The hair makes no sense now. Why go all graphic like there, while you rendered all so nice? And yeah.. Amy plays along now too :/ . You gave her consistent gear on the body, why not design a neat looking headornament or helmet?

The weapon she's playing with also disregards the perspective on the body. Her right arm suggest it's closer to her body there than with the left arm.. but it's not showing.

While i'm getting pleasant Red Sonja memories and inspiration from this... you still gotta put in some work. The tummy is awesome. The boobs are a bit too silicon to me, but still 'realistic siliconboobs'-like. I dig the outfit and i dig the pose you are going for. Now add some more hours.

Last edited by Cookiedough; July 24th, 2008 at 10:13 PM.

Thanks
    First of all I must say that I really like the silhouette you got going on this. Looks really great on the thumb.

I did a paint-over with a couple of suggestions, hope thats alright, just a few changes I would personally do to enhance that dynamic pose. I moved the spearthing down because you seem to have lengthened her neck in order for her face to not be covered. I put her on the ball of her feet and suggesting another angle for her right foot so that it doesn't flow into her leg, slight boob change and how i would position her head. I also would change the angle of her dagger so that its not just hanging straight down when the rest of her is in such movement.

I would also slightly open her right hand when wielding the weapon, draw her with the pinky out or something so that it's not just a fist.

All this is, of course, my opinion. I think you got something really nice going and would love to see it finished.

Cheers!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    heart and soul

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Your rendering is looking fairly good. I'd like to see what you're planning with the scene. keep us posted on your progress.
    Glad I'm not crazy here. Really nice job.

Her head might be tad bit small, but I think you should also really start composing the whole picture rather than just rendering certain areas. It'll look like you just rendered certain areas... and you don't want that, do you? Without going forward you can't really be sure how to do properly bring interest to key areas and such. I'm sure you've heard all that before, sorry to be dad and all.

Good job.

"She took the ice cube trays out of the freezer. What kind of a sick bitch takes the ice cube trays out of the freezer?"

LOOK AT MY WEBSITE!
    LOOK AT MY SKETCHBOOK!
    LOOK AT MY BLOG!
    LOOK AT MY DEVIANT ART PAGE!
    LOOK AT MY FINALLY FINISHED PAGE!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Glad I'm not crazy here. Really nice job.

Her head might be tad bit small, but I think you should also really start composing the whole picture rather than just rendering certain areas. It'll look like you just rendered certain areas... and you don't want that, do you? Without going forward you can't really be sure how to do properly bring interest to key areas and such. I'm sure you've heard all that before, sorry to be dad and all.

Good job.

"She took the ice cube trays out of the freezer. What kind of a sick bitch takes the ice cube trays out of the freezer?"

LOOK AT MY WEBSITE!
    LOOK AT MY SKETCHBOOK!
    LOOK AT MY BLOG!
    LOOK AT MY DEVIANT ART PAGE!
    LOOK AT MY FINALLY FINISHED PAGE!

Thanks
    I think I agree with what most of the people here are saying. The rendering looks nice, you've got that part nailed. But the pose is very confusing, and her facial expression isn't helping me understand what she's doing/thinking either. I think you need to revisit the gesture phase of this and clarify her action. If she's attacking, really SELL that she's attacking. If she's defending, again make sure that her whole body tells us that. I think a little study of animation will go a long way for you.

Thanks
    Thanks for the critiques guys, it's really helping. I'm trying my best to fix the issues.

I don't really know whether she's attacking or defending. It doesn't really matter to me as I'm not trying to illustrate a scene here. I think I'm going to leave the background fairly blank, but it's looking kind of tacky right now -_-

Triangle

Thanks
    Just don't give up on it. It's a good drawing so far, and a lot of people are pulling for you here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.