Sketchbook: ChaosEidolon's general sketchiness...(Updated April 26th)

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

ChaosEidolon's general sketchiness...(Updated April 26th)

whew! Looks like im finally getting around to starting one of these. Been wanting to do it for some time.

Theres lots of elements of my drawing that needs improvement and i have a feeling this is going to help me out and give me a motivation to keep drawing more.
    Lately my style has loosened up alot, a welcome change from how tight i used to be. I think the expressiveness is something i really would like to incorporate into my drawing more.

One thing in particular i feel i need to improve on is learning how to incorporate other media into my drawing. Right now im a little scared of venturing out of the comfortable confines of pen and pencil but that needs to change.
    Im thinking color pencil, maybe some acrylic and/or watercolor washes would work well for my style but i still have to take that step. Anyway...enough blab, lets get this party started.

Thats all for now. More coming as soon as i get my ass around to it. cheers.

Last edited by ChaosEidolon; April 26th, 2005 at 05:10 PM.
    "The sky was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel" -- William Gibson
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dang...i love your monsters.

=========

alaSka

"If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    crazy style man, I love your lines.

Deprogramming the youth, for a better tommorow ... TODAY!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your anatomy seems pretty tight. just go mad with new medias, you can't go wrong, as long as you enjoy doing it, go crazy!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice! thanks for the replies guys! I havent updates for a while and seeing your post just made my day =)

Ive been super busy with school, but ive been feeling very guilty for not posting anything for so long so heres some new stuff.
    i posted this one in sketches too, but here ya are...

These two are for a director game im working on for school...
    ChaosEidolon's general sketchiness...(Updated April 26th)ChaosEidolon's general sketchiness...(Updated April 26th)

bleh...scans are kinda shitty...sorry about that.

aaaaaand finally a beasty...from the same game...

There ya are!

Id love some feedback if you guys got them. Im so close to buying a tablet is hurts...a few more weeks maybe, so color is on the way. oooh yeah....

btw...coffee is mans best friend....but refrain from drinking it past 12 am or youll never get to bed. Seems like common sense...yes...and yet i am only now coming off my caffiene buzz. Will i ever learn? unlikely...

cheers...
    -Willem

"The sky was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel" -- William Gibson

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heres some more crap i found while i was at it....

ChaosEidolon's general sketchiness...(Updated April 26th) ChaosEidolon's general sketchiness...(Updated April 26th)

hope you like...
    tell me what you think

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Why looky here....i actually have some daily sketches to show for myself. imagine that...

scanners really do rape the detail out of your sketches dont they =P

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very interesting... i like your style... i think you're anatomy has seemed to improve from the first couple of sketches. the creature stuff is really cool, especially the 2 headed quadriped mech.

peace,
    empty

--------------
    got phib?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some wild stuff you got there keep it up:chug:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the comments empty and 2kre8! Im really enjoying hearing how other people respond to my stuff.
    Ive got so much respect for all you guys that are keeping regular sketchbooks online. It takes some dedication for sure!
    I picked a hell of a time to try and pick up my pace again. Im in the middle of finals and my schedule is quick hectic!

I managed to slip a life drawing session in this sunday. Our school provides them free of charge and i feel like a proper dumbass for not having taken advantage more.

Ive been hesitant about what i paste, but i think in this thread i need to get in the habit of posting whatever i can. If im going to learn from this i will have to show my full progression, not only the cream of the crop.

While at the sessions, i was able to see some of the work of a professor here at SCAD that has somewhat of a reputation. Id heard alot about the guy but never met him or seen any of his art.
    To say that i was blown away would be a hell of an understatement. This guy draws so well you would think hes a robot. Just looking at his class examples made me feel funny inside.
    Sometimes you really need that to give you that inspirational kick in the ass...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i give you head(s)

went into a head drawing frenzy last night, and it continued on into class this morning. Im finally doing some studies from magazines again, trying to get my proportions and structure right.
    The hardest thing is getting the form...you will draw the lines in just the right way sometimes and everything just looks right, pops from the page, and the next time you draw it it's a fraction of a fraction off and and it looks flat again. The more i do these the more i get it right though...so ill have to keep it up.

If you guys havent yet, check this thread out: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...threadid=14119
    I found these tutorials recently and its given me more fire to keep going with my sketches. Lots of thanks to Fredflickstone for these.

peace out...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yo Bro,

The neck design on this costume is damn cool. I never seen it before... Develop this design! Finalize it and you'll have a really cool portfolio piece!

-Joshua

Eidolon's Work...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Woah! BONUS! Two posts in one day...somebody stop me, im outta control.

Heres what i do in French impressionism to keep from falling asleep...

JOSHUATHEJAMES - Hey man, thanks for the suggestion! Youve been one of the guys ive kept my eye on on these forums, so getting the positive feedback is greatly appreciated. =)
    Im eager to see what damage ill do when i get my tablet, maybe this will be my first project.

until next time my fellow forum monkeys...adios

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great stuff, I especially like the huge shouldered creature.

Hey, which SCAD professor was it who's work you saw? Professor Chin? I am in his classical rendering class right now and it is AMAZING!

Hey, did you go see Vilppu today?

Scott Spencer
    www.scottspencer.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey! another Scaddy.
    No, not chin cheng, although he is pretty damn amazing too. Paul Hudson, he teahes drawing for squential as well as a concept class.
    Man i wish i could have gone to see that, but i had a group project at the interactive showcase today =/. Very depressing.

Sorry for having nothing to post, but finals are reaming me right now. Its lame i know...no excuses! Ill do something tonight =P

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man, your stuff is pretty good

BANYAAAAAAAAA DÓN DÓN DÓN

SHIPPAI SHIPPAI

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Im such a lamer...heres some stuff. Late better than never. To my credit i have been getting my ass reamed by schoolwork...again.

more sketching in art history class. i swear...it seems like class time is the only free time i have =P

Thanks Lotus! I fancy your stuff too...and youre only 15! Keep it up and youll be kicking some ass by college.

Last edited by ChaosEidolon; March 9th, 2004 at 04:40 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hehe thx, but actually i´m 16 ^^

hey keep it up man

BANYAAAAAAAAA DÓN DÓN DÓN

SHIPPAI SHIPPAI

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    *yoink* ack...it started to wig me out

Last edited by ChaosEidolon; March 16th, 2004 at 04:27 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another quick one before im off to class...

From now on im taking my sketchbook to class so i dont keep drawing all over my notebook =P

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lmao, that fat kid (no offense to anyone) owns me.

nice work, but id recommend studying anatomy and such. itll really help you in the long run. also, study anything you can. .. it will help with your concept work as well.

peace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just got out of art hist which means you get some more sketches.
    Ive been having a block as far as concepts go so i tried to force out some ideas.

metalwinds: Hey man, thanks. Yeah, i do admit that i dont study from life nearly as much as i should...i need to make a habit of that. I took a look at your sketchbook and it looks like youre quite an academic about it. Perhaps youd share some of your habits?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some of my habits? well, i basically just try to study whatever i see, whether i have my sketchbook with me or not. lately, ive been trying to capture the essence of what i am drawing.. . .applying a mood to the piece and not just copying it directly. also, when i study, i try to really see what i am drawing, because i used to just blindly draw the object and not really study its form and shape. i frequently make notes to myself so i am constantly thinking about what i am drawing or have drawn. main thing, stay loose and relaxed when you are drawing, and really "see" what you are studying.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "I'll hassle you if you hassle me" ha! That made me laugh. It was awesome. I deffinately understand the need for moral support. The anatomical study suggestion was a good one, but then, when is it not, right? You've got some really nice shapes going on here, especially in the armor.

On your profiles and 3/4 views, the side plane of the face is getting a little long. remember that, generally, the ear starts about halfway between the front and back of the head. Right now you're putting it almost 2/3 toward the back. That's the main thing I see. Other than that, just keep doing what you're doing.

btw, your hands are looking great. That's an area where many have problems, as we all know. Yours are looking quite natural though, and that's a plus. Props to you. Peace

www.ArtDL.com

CA Sketchbooks:
    Members exclusive party:
    Phuzion's V.I.P. Lounge

Public fun:
    Phuzion Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whew! hey folks. Its been pretty nutty...between finishing finals, getting in two car accidents in 30 minutes and driving hundreds of drunk St. Patty's tourists around on a rickshaw, things have been...interesting.

I cranked this one out, still very much in progress...and there should be more to come.
    dammit...i just noticed the jaw is uneven. gotta fix that

Phuzion - Yo, thanks =) Its always easier to draw when you feel people are expecting it. Some good advice...i looked back at my stuff and realized how much i did that. yikes. Im looking forward to seeing some more of your stuff...dont keep us waiting.

Metalwinds - Cool, yeah i find that it really does make a difference when you begin to analyze the shapes. I find that when im drawing more intellectually, i will happen upon little discoveries that can sometimes completely alter the way i approach my drawing. The note taking is a good idea...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, been a little while. The indominable forces of chaos have once again overwhelmed me and its time to start fighting back and getting some more work up here.
    Internet is down at my house, should be us soon and ill post whats been happening in the meantime.
    Tablet is in the mail! Hozzah!

see ya guys soon...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey chaos, really liken your stuff, too bad the internet is down but great that you're getting you're tablet. hope to see more updates soon!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey i love yer style
    it lends itsef particularly well to creatures(i love that one with the hump in his back)
    my one crit is that you should brush up on the human anatomy
    its good but could be better but damn those creatures are awesome
    cant wait for you to challenge me
    come up w/ a topic and bring it on:chug:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey!! I am back baby. Bastards finally fixed my internet and i just spent an hour scanning pics to post. whew!
    First, heres some that ive been working on since the last time i posted, just to prove i havent been slacking off

LadyLioness: Thanks alot =) im glad you like. Im very impressed at your perseverence and focus in your sketchbook, i wish i had that focus when i was 15. keep it up!

Trevor: Hey man! thanks for the feedback. You're right about that anatomy thing. Ive lately been putting alot more time into anatomy studies from observation, and im taking a life drawing class this semester so i think im on my way to improvement as far as thats concerned.
    Do you see anything in particular part of my anatomy that needs work?
    Im looking forward to that challenge

here goes...
    ChaosEidolon's general sketchiness...(Updated April 26th)ChaosEidolon's general sketchiness...(Updated April 26th) ChaosEidolon's general sketchiness...(Updated April 26th)

And here is of a self portrait that im doing for my lifedrawing class. It'll be a drawing of me assembling a robotic version of myself. Little bit of symbolism there, ive been on a self improvement kick lately.
    Ive also been reading THE AGE OF SPIRITUAL MACHINES. Read this book, it will break your mind and challenge all of your perceptions of who we are.
    ChaosEidolon's general sketchiness...(Updated April 26th) ChaosEidolon's general sketchiness...(Updated April 26th)

But wait! thats not all, i scanned in several older sketches that i will post soon....i think i am gonna have to run now though, my day is about to begin. Look for those about 2 am tonight when ill be getting back from work.

later my droogies...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.