Sketchbook: Quigleyer's Sketchbook. - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Quigleyer's Sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    good sketchbook
    be neat to see you take those sketchups into painter and give them life...

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to williams73 For This Useful Post:

Pixie Trick is offline Industrial Design of the Week Leader
    Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wonderful sb. Lovely colours and pieces in general. Only thing I would say would be to do some studies or something in order to better be able to show different materials. I really like the interior with the large round window done in sketchup.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixie Trick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hi all please come and check out my artwork. thanks

hello all hope you can view only a small amount of my art enjoy and thank you!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Umm, if zeus is immortal then why would he have gray hair? In the myths they drink ambrosia which takes all signs of aging away.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Memo213 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love your colors and the way you lay in your brush strokes. It feels kinda like your working with really thick paint.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Aluvay For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks guys. Sorry if you've been posting to this (I forget that when I say something in the critique center people like to pay it back and come back and say something about what I've done- thanks guys but I haven't been here in forever. ).

I've been through hell and back. VCU fine arts for a semester to get my "art elective" credits is no place for someone who hopes to be a future illustrator or concept artist. I shoulda graduated already anyway !

I JUST finished the semester, unloaded the shotgun, drank myself into oblivion, woke up and started painting digitally to try and get back into the swing of things. This huge depression has just been magically lifted from me, but I've got to get going again.

Anyway, here's the newer stuff I did. They're all quickies and a hella lot of fun. Can't wait to get back to doing more finished things....

Attached Images Attached Images              
    Last edited by Quigleyer; December 10th, 2009 at 04:57 PM.
    "She took the ice cube trays out of the freezer. What kind of a sick bitch takes the ice cube trays out of the freezer?"

LOOK AT MY WEBSITE!
    LOOK AT MY SKETCHBOOK!
    LOOK AT MY BLOG!
    LOOK AT MY DEVIANT ART PAGE!
    LOOK AT MY FINALLY FINISHED PAGE!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OMG http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1216834362 that is a self-portrait? I thought that was Asuma from naruto (I used to read it YEARS AGO). Your jawbone really projects...or maybe thats an illusion from all the fat deposits located under your cheekbones and around your mouth.
    You seem to be around the same skill level as the year before...I think you need to do some more practice and lots more studying!!! You should be making good use of every moment you do art.
    But umm...what do I know? XD

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Memo213 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Word Memo. I appreciate the comment in regards to my skill level now being about the same as before. I really do need to start hitting studies again. Did a lot of torso studies today that I'll post if I manage to scan them in. Upgraded the ol' operating system and the scanner doesn't like it. These kinds of comments are really encouraging to me, thank you!

And yeah- that's me. Or was me. I still kind of look the same, gained a little weight and all. Hair's shorter, so no bandana. I've gotten a lot of Solid Snake jokes, but never anything else like that .

EDIT: just googled this Asuma. I'm going to try and grow that beard .

"She took the ice cube trays out of the freezer. What kind of a sick bitch takes the ice cube trays out of the freezer?"

LOOK AT MY WEBSITE!
    LOOK AT MY SKETCHBOOK!
    LOOK AT MY BLOG!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's the stuff, Quigs! Back to the grindstone!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sublimus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just reeaallly reaallly love the nasty smile on that swimsuit model, you should make that sketch go some places. For a long overdue update this is a very decent attempt btw :p

17. The Following User Says Thank You to walnut For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Sublimus (Whitney!!! What up?) and Walnut.

SO, I'm trying to re-design another Mortal Kombat character (I did a rather shaky attempt at Shang Tsung a while back). Quan-Chi's the man here, I'm trying to figure out a new way to look at him. I'm liking the witch doctor approach for the Necromancer.

There's a thread about this at the WIP/crit section. First scans of pencils I think I've posted here. Pencil work is just an arrangement of place holders as far as I'm concerned... I know, I know. It's just that I'm a "go for the gold" kind of guy.

Also just random stuff from my sketchbook. I've been to lazy to scan my stuff in in the past but I need to keep this thing updated so people know I draw and reply and stuff . Blue stuff is ball point the other stuff is pencil. What looks digital is probably digital.

LOOK AT MY WEBSITE!
    LOOK AT MY SKETCHBOOK!
    LOOK AT MY BLOG!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow... i really like the last post.. they have the character... so nice..

My Concept Sketchbook - My Profile - Don't care my grammar level.. Because i don't know anything about it..

20. The Following User Says Thank You to north pole For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

YO DUDE!! IT'S ALLY!! Damn there's a lot of stuff here!!

I love all your stuff here, especially the guy from Ghostbusters. All I got to say is...more boobs...and not just more boobs...more estrogen...that's right, fainting damsels, storybook endings, and tampons.

You know, my favorite thing you've done still has to be the scene on your eighth sketchbook post. When I think about Eric Quigley's work, I think about that piece...I think you should work it more and perfect it, and work more with scenery.

Actually...here's something to think about. If you were an ogre/viking/hero/villain/normal bystander probably going to be killed by the other...how would you act and look? I think you need to pose less and rely on positions that are natural not only to the human body (if you were drawing a human for instance), but natural to the human mind and what a human would REALLY do...for instance, I feel like an ogre, in his free time, would maybe chop wood, or eat a squirrel, or sharpen his ax, or bicker with another ogre. Anyway, just something to think about.

Anyway...I know I always say we should go painting...but now that I'm REALLY done with everything...for real now...let's go plein-aire-ing or something.

I hope that wasn't too much, I haven't been online in forever, and this is my first post in a long time. That and I haven't been in an art class in a semester...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Ally Hodges For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love the sketches man! The paintings could use some help though. The colors seem a bit pale and flat. Try doing some value studies...one you understand your values it'll make color easier for you to learn. Keep it up!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to jackpot_anjr90 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fuck! Nice anatomy studies!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Sublimus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And haven't updated in forever and a half. I've got a few things from here'n'there.

I've got some sketches I need to scan in to. I'll do that later. Need sleep.

"Sorceress" illustration done with assistance from mjranum's Deviant art stock photography:

http://mjranum-stock.deviantart.com/...#dancing-girls

LOOK AT MY WEBSITE!
    LOOK AT MY SKETCHBOOK!
    LOOK AT MY BLOG!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dang dude! Nice updates!

I especially like that first environment. The texture on that foreground formation is wicked good!

The two after that are great too. Good forms/values on that dude. The pose looks a little stiff. And I think your edges are too soft between the light and shadow on the armor parts...

But overall, good to see you back in action!

Something is a little weird about that steam punk mega man, though.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Sublimus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Whitney. You speak of helpful things. Thanks man.

But seriously. Mega Man? That's Protoman! Does he look steampunk?

Scanning in stuff I realized my scanner actually works. For some reason the images it picked up last time were UGLY, even more so than my usual drawings.

Oh well. These are a little disappointing, but what the hell ever. Some of it is ballpoint (not blue, so harder to determine) and some is pencil. Throwing the originals away as I move and keeping digital files for now. Is it weird to have NO attachment to your sketches at all?

LOOK AT MY WEBSITE!
    LOOK AT MY SKETCHBOOK!
    LOOK AT MY BLOG!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You know it's moving time!

Sadly I don't think I'll have time to scan any more in. But thanks for looking, if you did.

Might finish the "Manscorpion Project." One day.

LOOK AT MY WEBSITE!
    LOOK AT MY SKETCHBOOK!
    LOOK AT MY BLOG!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heeey it's Quig, how you doing good sir? Glad to see you've been drawing away, keep up the good work

33. The Following User Says Thank You to cmalidore For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really digging the sketches! And I know this may be weird, but I really love the way you lay down your color and your style. There is something that is special, and unique about it. That's a hard thing to obtain these days so great job!

So... This is entirely embarrassing for me to ask since I hate begging people fgor help, but since we're all beggars for knowledge here... I figured I'd ask. I've read some of your crits in the WIP's section and I was wondering if perhaps you could possibly crit one of my works....? I really do hate asking, but I really loved the advice you gave people as far as composition goes and that's the thing I need lots of help on so... Yea. I would be foreverrrrr grateful! the link is here if you do choose to help. I didn't just comment here to ask for your help, by the way, I really do love your stuff!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Nisshoku For This Useful Post:

TASmith is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,108 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, one of the greats of the critique area! First time I saw your sketchbook. There's a lot of knowledge apparent in these works, but they're still so stiff! Something about each person's head & neck, and shoulder to elbow relationships feels compressed, like they've been pressed into that pose.

Anatomy sketches are good, but the figure sketches in that last post are all elongated, elongated torso, arms, you're exxagerating a bit. All the recent bodyarmors are reading as flat. Try some 3/4 views of them.

Latest portrait is good, but eyes are flat (I have the same issue). Eyes aren't white. Shade them. Go back and post an update of that guy with some shaded eyes that show/follow the form of them.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to TASmith For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cmalidore: CHRIS! Whaddup killer? Thanks man, I intend to. I've been trying to set deadlines for myself- throwing out (not literally) all of my student work and seeing how if I can build a decent concept art portfolio with a year here and stuff. Had some set backs- see bottom for details! How's life on your end?

Nisshoku: It's cool I gave it my two cents. PM me if you ever need someone else's opinion on something. Thank you for your comments!

TASmith: Another friendly face (though, I really haven't seen your face). I tend to get down what I want as quickly as possible and move on- I really should be spending more time working on those sketches. I can do them with much more confidence than little character thumbnails and with much less time, so I generally rough out on paper. I should see how fast I can do BETTER sketches now . The eyes- you're right on that, good catch! I'd go back and fix it, but... I threw all the actual sketches away as I was moving in a hurry.

Been away from the old computer as of late. Did a bunch of paper sketches on huge board that I really can't scan in, but nothing humongous(except the paper). The thing is... I've been living on couches for a month while all of my stuff was in an apartment in a town four or five hours away. I was working a job to save money to move to a new town following the girlfriend to medical school. Really want to leave Richmond, VA and my chance came along. All has settled and I found another shit job in another shit town- more drive and reason to create a professional portfolio and see if I can get something going in concept art.

I have a long way to go and hope to do lots more learning on the way. I'm rusty as all hell!

Settled down, got some free time and started drawing and relaxing. This post is too long already, so I'll explain this one later... figure I should update as soon as I can... and try to make it a more regular habit.

The quickies I've been working on. None finished yet, but they will be soon. The centipede is literally five minutes in, but I'll try to post regular updates of this stuff when I progress. I tend to work on lots at once to keep a regular pace and so I don't stare at something for too long.

LOOK AT MY WEBSITE!
    LOOK AT MY SKETCHBOOK!
    LOOK AT MY BLOG!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Quigleyer View Post
    cmalidore: CHRIS! Whaddup killer? Thanks man, I intend to. I've been trying to set deadlines for myself- throwing out (not literally) all of my student work and seeing how if I can build a decent concept art portfolio with a year here and stuff. Had some set backs- see bottom for details! How's life on your end?
    Poor, at the moment - but I manage! Too much stress and pressure for my own good, but by fall that should be over so I can live with it .

Sounds like things have been chaotic for you, sorry to hear that. Though sometimes there's no better fuel for the fires than that - so y'know, take it for what it is I guess.

I definitely like the direction of your recent sketches there - don't be afraid to spend some extra time refining though. If you can't work on something too long, perhaps schedule it so that you go in bursts (that's what I've had to do lately.... it's not always as fun, but it does keep you pushing without that burn out). Put enough of those bursts together and it'll add up to some real hours and potentially a really strong product.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to cmalidore For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey thanks for the crit! Thought I would drop by. Those landscapes are great. I need to do stuff like that so I can get better at lighting.

The Sketchbook of Naj and Stu!:
    SKETCHBOOK

And of course go check out the SB of DefiledVisions

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Stuart DeViva For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey thanks yo.

I've been thinking about changing jobs. Turns out eight years of kitchen experience equates to... around minimum wage here in my new town. What's that about? I'm owning everyone on my fourth day.

Places are offering more money... as they should. I have management experience! I've run a kitchen before. Asses. Nose to the grind stone. Job in art. Must learn more. Must get better.

Well, putting some of the above stuff on hold as I've now got to work on this Diablo contest, Umpa told me about. But, here's where the centipede is at the moment.

Mid tones. that's where. I'm working on separating the values and working more forms in there.

LOOK AT MY WEBSITE!
    LOOK AT MY SKETCHBOOK!
    LOOK AT MY BLOG!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 672 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Woot woot! you're also entering the Diablo contest? Awesome! it's gonna be cool to see where you bring that centipede. So far I'm really digging your sketchbook, you've got great colours and sense of value.
    Would love to see you really pushing yourself with a piece as most of your stuff is kinda loose.

Do what you love ~ Love what you do
    Sketchbook|Blog|DeviantArt

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Diablo contest entry (in progress) is the blue golem thing in this post.

My tablet is all but dead. I'm drawing with a pencil a lot more now, which is good. What's also good is a friend of mine allowed me the use of his (in the mail), as he recently got an intuos 4. All he gets in exchange is my first born child.

My faces are weak, so I'm working on that a bit. I also have been doing some neck anatomy studies I should scan in soon.

LOOK AT MY WEBSITE!
    LOOK AT MY SKETCHBOOK!
    LOOK AT MY BLOG!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Update on this:

LOOK AT MY WEBSITE!
    LOOK AT MY SKETCHBOOK!
    LOOK AT MY BLOG!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Working more on different things. Like these, posted in rougher versions previously.

LOOK AT MY WEBSITE!
    LOOK AT MY SKETCHBOOK!
    LOOK AT MY BLOG!

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 17