Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

If you could.. rip it to shreds please?

Name:  Lildevilwordscompressed.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  274.8 KB

Now while I can see what there is quite a lot wrong with it and that its stil a million miles from professionalism, I am - dare I say it, fairly pleased with this image; and thats sign of danger too terrible to name so I must assume I'm in need of a serious reality check.

Please crit anything you feel could be improved, right down to concept, choice of media, personal body oder..

I had planned on words from the beinning but perhaps they would have been better added traditionally, or not at all.. no matter.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I cant understad the direction of the wall blocks and what hapen with the right eye. i dont refer to the stand alone head.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There's a lot of attention to detail in the figure which I like however, the background is really flat and I'm guessing it needs to exist to help tell the story of the image. I'd love an explanation about the character and what's happening.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Omar: Ah yes.. the wallblocks only make sense if you pretend that I drew a comprehensive corner from which the light is shining around. Even then not a whole lot of sense. The eye.. Something gruesome. it it important?

woodbert: Do you think it would be improved by really going at it and 3-dimentionalising it? I wasn't sure if the image as a whole would lose or gain.. Probably gain actually. I like the colours though..

Well the main man there is Garin and my comissioner specified he was a cold and ruthless man and left it at that; Here I have pictured him playing with his severed head collection, as I do rather like my cold evil royalty to be insane.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i really love it!

a few nit-picks:
    the main character seems a bit detached from the right bkg. i'm not sure this is due to details, but i think it's more to do with the colour pallate of the background. it shifts in the white-purple zone. the head on the bottom shelf, the splotch of blood above him and the extremely white-purple floor really stands that out i believe. add some more of the main character's pallette and i think it will do the job...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.