Kung-Fu KICK!! splash page, inked
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Kung-Fu KICK!! splash page, inked

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cool Kung-Fu KICK!! splash page, inked

The artist for this is Chase Conley, who does not have time to browse forums, so I, the writer on this thing, am handling those duties.

Pencilled on traditional comic book board, hand inked (he used to do inks digitally, but has switched over to the traditional method and is not looking back. thank goodness because I love what he is doing).

This is page 2 and that kick is possible if you are in shape and flexible enough.

There will be a background through those huge windows, which Chase is taking care of today.

How to color is the question. We think we know the look we want, but in comic book work you have to find the right compromise between quality and speed.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Matt_Stevens; July 22nd, 2008 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Asked a question.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fantastic! I love that perspective, really makes you feel like you're in the middle of things. As for colour, well, I'm not much help there but my friend Ian colours comics for a living and would probably have something to say (why hasn't he joined this forum yet?).
    Really nice work with the inking, I love the old-fashioned way!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.