how early did you guys start sending app/portfolio stuff?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: how early did you guys start sending app/portfolio stuff?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wasp how early did you guys start sending app/portfolio stuff?

recommendations, portfolios, essays, financial aid, everything in the application.

im still working on my portfolio, and at the moment im planning on sending everything 3 weeks before the deadline. is that a safe enough time to send everything, check up on whether the schools received it and etc etc?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 2,155 Times in 752 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    That's probably plenty of time.

Bad though it was, the first time I applied to RISD I actually had to mail in my application overnight to get it there on time... and I think I stayed up till 4am finishing the drawings.

...Ah, to be young and stupid.

Moral of the story: manage your time wisely.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Three weeks is plenty of time! They obviously gave you a deadline to meet but don't necessarily think you're going to get rewarded for an early entry or get preferential treatment for admittance.

Now if the particular school you're applying to has school specific scholarships or grants with differing deadlines, you need to be aware of that. The best way to do that is to check with their Financial Aid people. Ask! Speak up and tell them that you need help in helping to defray the costs of school. See if there are any unpublished scholarships or any other forms of aid that can assist you. They're there to help you get into school, not slam the door on you.

If you also want to know that the school got your portfolio and such, send it FedEx or some other form of registered mail where you need a signature acknowledging their acceptance.

Good luck!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.