Art: 2008 sketchbook "Spread the Cheeks"

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

2008 sketchbook "Spread the Cheeks"

Howdy, gang! What's the crackalackin' crackalackin' crackalackin'?

Here's some con info if you can make it...

Our booth is listed as Urban Barbarians, and we're poppin a squat at booth #2544.

I'll be sitting with talented artists Mark Irwin, Dan Panosian, Jonboy Meyers, and Joey Mason:

Friday:

We hope you can make it our our Spectacular Spider-man panel. We will be showing an exclusive sneak peek for season 2. Our panel is from 12:30-1:30, and following the panel we will be signing at a different area like last year, while passing out a new Spectacular Spider-man poster that TALENTED and powerhouses Jeff Johnson, Greg Guler, and Joey Mason have put together. The signing area will be announced during the panel.

Later in the afternoon, Dave Bullock (Director on Spider-man Animated), Darwyn Cooke (New Frontier) and company have invited Vic Cook (Supervising Director on Spectacular Spider-man), and myself to sit at their booth for a signing for Spectacular Spider-man from 4-5pm. We have a new Spectacular Spider-man poster this year that we'll be handing out. The booth you can find us at is booth (2207) They are also having a ton of talented creators there, and if you'd like to read more here's a link:
    http://www.ifanboy.com/content/artic...iego_Comic_Con I'll have my books at their table to sell while signing.

Speaking of books.....I have just gotten my book in. I gotta hand it to you, folks.... THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your emails, notes, IM's and etc regarding my books. I apologize from the bottom of my heart if I have been lagging on returning emails this year. Work has really taken its' toll on me. In between the hectic schedule of the hustle and bustle I tried hard to make this book special for you all, and I hope the wait is worth it.

The book is hardback, landscaped, full color, and 76pgs. The going price on this puppy is $25 for those buying it at the con.

What are its' contents you ask? Good question.
    To start off I made sure there were plenty of before and after sketches to final drawings. A mixture of pin-ups, character design tests, character designs, rough comic book page layouts, cleaned up comic book pages, some fun personal urban drawings, and covers. WHEW..... Like I said, I wanted to make sure there was more variety in this year's book.

Can people attending ONLY the conventions aquire the books? Nope. The book is available for EVERYONE. I will be selling the books only through myself this year. I still have to find out shipping costs for the states and for overseas. Payment can be made to my paypal account cheeks_1974a@hotmail.com. For online orders the books are $28 (does not include the shipping price). Shipping is to be determined depending on where purchaser is located.

Wanna see some photos? Here's some glances in it. Please forgive the photos quality. I'm definitely not a photographer. I think I'll leave that up to Peter Parker.

Shot with DSC-W70 at 2008-07-20

Shot at 2008-07-20

Shot at 2008-07-20

Shot at 2008-07-20

Last edited by cheeks-74; July 21st, 2008 at 01:13 PM. Reason: added more text
    http://cheeks-74.deviantart.com/gallery/

it's not if you can't do it, but it's if you want to
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cheeks-74 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it couldn't have been titled anything better
    i'll be picking one up for sure

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sweet book Sean wish I was going. Thanks for sharing

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.