portable painter
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

portable painter

I'm wondering if people have been using Painter with tablet PCs or with the the new portable Cintiq's with a laptop. I would love to have a nice way of using painter on the road. Please let me know your ideas, experiences, or suggestions. Thanks.

eric
    eric@shew-design.com

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 551 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i don't have a laptop, but i have the 12" screen cintiq. It's not super-portable. probably portable enough, but not great. there's a separate adapter box you need to bring with, and you might need another power source too--it doesn't run off of usb power.

That said, it's roughly the size of a large laptop, but a little thinner.

I think a good wacom tablet and your laptop would be a cheaper and easier solution most of teh time. no extra power line, more portable, etc. if you can configure your hotkeys and figure out how to hold it, it could be super-portable.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I recently bought a Fujitsu Stylistic and just installed Painter for base sketching purposes just in case all I have is the Stylistic on me and have a design I'm itching to make sure I don't forget. No pressure sensitivity though, but I hear Lenovo makes a Penabled Tablet PC that's supposedly pressure sensitive to a point, but more along the original Intuos line of functionality. Like I said, my setup is only good for capturing designs to take to my laptop or desktop, I wouldn't wrestle with constantly changing settings in order to achieve the same effects as sitting down with my Intuos3.

Chipsterology Sketchbook - Open for crits - 24hrs
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=126257
    Twitter: Chipsterology

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm working off an Intuous3 with a MacBook Pro and it works out pretty well, though i don't have my external hard drive for scratch disk space so Painter X runs a little clunkier, but not to the point of hindering me.

"Today, a young man on acid, realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves... here's Tom with the weather." - Bill Hicks

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.