Sketchbook: Hauxe's sketches and doodles - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Trying to make some progress with skintone. Also- I just got THIS bad boy (It's beautiful ).
    Here is a little recording of my progress below and the finished sketch. Now it's on to bigger and better things.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Sketchbook.
    DeviantArt.
    Follow Me On Tumblr!

“Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall.” -Oliver Goldsmith

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later. " -Mitch Hedberg
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 2,346 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there! It looks like you're improving, your more recent stuff looks better than the old work. There's definitely more structure in the face. I like that you choose to draw faces with a lot of character, they're fun to look at and I bet they're fun to draw.

One thing about skin tone is that you often want to avoid using white for highlights. Sometimes white light works, but often it washes out the subject and leeches the life out of them. You might want to study some photos with rich lighting, often some of the best photographs are taken nearer sunrise and sunset when the light is warmer.

Keep going!

*** Sketchbook * Landscapes * Portfolio * Store***

"There are two kinds of students: the self-taught and the hopeless."
    - Dr. Piotr Rudnicki

3. The Following User Says Thank You to vineris For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the kind words, you've got some good skills for painting. I look forward to seeing where your studies take you, keep going.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to eyestrain For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice works and studies. Improving just means lots and lots of practice and many times there are years between times where you can see very noticeable difference as far as improvement but it all depends on how much you want to make better and better art. It doesn't have to be a big thing to want to improve on your hobby and possibly make it into something more, just keep practicing, learning, and trying new techniques and methods. Keep it up. gl.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Blankstate For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Vineris -- Even if it has been a huge pain sometimes skintone actually becomes kind of fun once I feel like I get the gist of it. Yeah I really need to do a small series of heavily/colorfully lit portraits soon. That would be fun, I hope >.<

Blankstate -- Hey Thanks for the encouragement. I'm not sure if it's a hobby or if I'd like to turn it into something more. Mostly I just have these ideas I really want to get out of my head. But I want to reach a certain before I even attempt it. Maybe I just need to cure my artistic constipation? Is that even a thing? It should be.

I've been doing a lot of pencil studies from my loomis book, but I lost my scanner. So there's that. I want to do a portrait every few days. This took me about an hour and a half. I can feel myself slowing improving. Oh and I'm drinking lots of coffee again.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Sketchbook.
    DeviantArt.
    Follow Me On Tumblr!

“Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall.” -Oliver Goldsmith

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later. " -Mitch Hedberg

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  fasterkillpussycat.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  124.2 KB

back from the dead

Sketchbook.
    DeviantArt.
    Follow Me On Tumblr!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quick WIP. Name:  matthewwip.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  33.6 KB

Sketchbook.
    DeviantArt.
    Follow Me On Tumblr!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cleaning it up. Lots of things were wrong with it. A lot of things still are. Figuring it out.
    Name:  matthewwip2.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  45.3 KB

Sketchbook.
    DeviantArt.
    Follow Me On Tumblr!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  matthewwip3.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  26.0 KB
    Keep on movin on.

Sketchbook.
    DeviantArt.
    Follow Me On Tumblr!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    glad to see you are working on your process of painting that is good, try doing some master studies and look at big artists like zhu zhu that use big brushstrokes Good luck!

my sketchbook! Drawing like a maniac!!

My Blog

Destroy your weaknesses! theres nothing more to it! stop bitching grab that pencil and sketch Away!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lionheartGFX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks lionheart! I'll try to use some big booty brushes.

Name:  karengo.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  148.5 KB

Just a quick sketch.

Sketchbook.
    DeviantArt.
    Follow Me On Tumblr!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh and just one more note so I remember. I've been listening to Dan Carlin's Hardcore History and it's amazing. Right now he's recounting Ghenis Khan's invasion of the Middle East. I'd really like to draw him some day!

Sketchbook.
    DeviantArt.
    Follow Me On Tumblr!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  redneck1.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  50.2 KB
    No idea. I'm exhausted from this week. Too many birthdays (including my own), too many late work projects to wrap up, too many cookie dishes

Sketchbook.
    DeviantArt.
    Follow Me On Tumblr!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.