Dragon Artwork Needed!

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Red face Dragon Artwork Needed!

Calling all budding and experienced fantasy artists!

I work as an editor for a London-based books publisher called Flame Tree Publishing. We are hoping to produce a book of beautiful and impressive fantasy-art works featuring DRAGONS in their many forms and contexts, form Sword & Sorcery to epic battles and legends to apocalyptic or other imaginary settings.

As well as hopefully giving examples of classics and masters, we want to showcase the newer generation of talent in the genre and so are calling out for anyone who may already have relevant works (2D 'paintings' in digital or traditional media) that they would like to send in for us to consider showing in the book – you would of course be fully credited and it would be great exposure.

Low res can be sent initially of course. But if we choose to use your images we will need to be able to blow them up to full page/spread size – the book will be 11 x 11.5 inches large, so if it's a landscape-shaped pic it would probably be used as a double-page spread and thus would need to be c. 18 inches wide... It would need to be a tiff or jpeg and 300 dpi at these sizes.

Any big files are better off sent to cat@foundry.co.uk (rather than cat@flametreepublishing.com); or sent to our FTP site.

In order to access the FTP server you need an FTP program such as Fetch or Transmit (easily downloadable for free off the internet) – you cannot use a web browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari etc, as this will just take you to the Foundry Internal Website.

Open up Fetch/Transmit and then enter the following details:
    IP Address: 217.158.219.20
    Username: modernage
    Password: repro1

I look forward to hearing from you! Feel free to ask Q's...

Cheers!
    Cat

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Is this a job or what? Does it pay? Is this even a challenge?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 555 Posts
    Methinks this is in the wrong place - should be under 'job listings & employers' and the relevant sub forum. I'd guess it isn't paid although I also feel it certainly should be. And no, not a challenge in the sense of what should be in the challenge forum.

Thanks
    Sorry folks! Just thought there may be a lot of people who visit this site who would be keen to see their work in a book - I'll move it to a different sub forum if appropriate.
    Cheers
    Cat

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.