Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: SB! [11/13/12]

Thanks

SB! [11/13/12]

New stuff is on the last page! GO FOR IT!

Hey, everyone. I'm generally pretty happy with my nose in a sketchbook, and spend a nice bit of time there, but since the end of highschool, I don't really get any feedback on anything I draw in it. I'm now halfway through college and a bit frustrated at the lack of ability [and sketchbook crits] I run into when I go to render scenes from my head. So! Any comments and crits are welcome.
    To start it off, here are some recent studies, with stupid doodle auras.
    Attachment 414988 Attachment 414993

This is part self portrait and part skull study. It's still unfinished. More updates on that later.
    Attachment 414997

A quick sketch I did of one of my friends in an attempt to draw from life more often.
    Attachment 415000
    Thanks for lookin'.
    Last edited by lemming-clone-; November 12th, 2012 at 07:12 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to lemming-clone- For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I see you have Sarah Simblet anatomy book Good studies! Sweet sp - you must finish it good luck!

Thanks
    Here's and update on the self-port/skull study. Not done yet, but getting closer.
    Attachment 418290

monna-giocanna ->Haha, yeah. I have her book on sketchbooks too. . . .She makes good books. . . Thanks for the compliments as well!

Thanks
    I'm not sure the perspective is correct, but that self portrait skull thing is coming along... nice work so far.

Thanks
    Hokay. This is about as finished as this is going to get, spare a few details.
    Attachment 418747

blenditall: Thanks! Some angles look a bit weird to me too. Most of all the angle that the nose and the nose bone comes out of the skull at in relation to the angle that the cranium has been cut. I'm not sure about it though. It may just look strange.

Thanks
    I did a bit of figure painting to help pull myself out of the minor slump from earlier this week. One's pretty assy. The other a bit less so. The second was done from a photo by mjranum stock . He has some good references and such for anyone looking for some fun stuff to draw or paint by the way. The other was done from a photo from female-anatomy-for-artist.com
    Quick figure.
    Attachment 421311

90min sketch.
    Attachment 421313

I don't have too much history doing any figure painting at all but I do find myself doing that more than most other projects and in longer doses. More likely on the way.

Thanks
    The two figures you did digitally are lookin' pretty good, especially your second one. Watch the left shoulder of the first one. It looks like it's a bit too far forward in her direction.

Also, If you haven't checked out posemaniacs yet, you definitely should because it's a great resource if you wanna do some more figure drawing.

Keep'em comin'!
    Check out my sketchbook.

Thanks
    BadGeometry->Thanks for pointing that out. I ran into a bunch of problems while I was trying to sketch her. Posemaniacs is good fun! I don't have any paintings like you do but I did do a bunch of sketches. There are some wacked out camera angles in there.

Two more 90 minute studies today. One with lots of clothing, and one without. I need work on both, so it seemed like a good idea. Anyways.

First study of somebody clothed. Done from a photo that's part of the series Jakub Fighting series from human-anatomy-for-artist.com
    Attachment 422109

Second is done from a photo from mjranum stock .
    Attachment 422108
    I tried so hard to fix her mouth!

Thanks
    Hey I know that skull!
    Good stuff man, keep drawing from that that book, and don't forget life studies as well, one will feed off the other and the magic begins.

my sketchbook:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=128243

Thanks
    brentos8: Haha. I'm trying to take some life drawing classes when I can so I can get actual live models to work from but right now I can't. Unless I do an Alex Grey and start painting and drawing myself nude. I definately agree though. I notice it easily when I'm working through classes.

Two more 90min studies again. Today was a slow day in the land of figure painting so they're a bit busted. mjranum stocks used for both.

Attachment 423694

Attachment 423688

Thanks
    Apologies for the lack of updates. I got a bit frustrated about this fabric stuff and let it go for a few days. Here are the few I did though. Any tips on fabric would be magnificent!

90min study from a picture by lisajen stock .
    Attachment 431896
    Started as a 90min then turned long pose and eventually died to frustrations. Also a lisajen stock .
    Attachment 431897
    60 min study. Done from a photo but right now I completely forget by who. Will update that when I find their page.
    Attachment 431899

Currently I'm working on a personal project which will probably be posted in the Crit Center in a couple weeks.
    Until then, peace and hair grease!

Thanks
    I've been working through these since the last week of August and taking my time, too. I'm trying to find a middle ground between the diagramatic drawings from anatomy books and a real world use for them in situations where an understanding is really required to work through obstacles such as foreshortening and differing body types, etc. The original versions with skin are out of Sarah Simblet's anatomy for the artist.
    The last two are unfinished but will be finished soon I swear!

Attachment 454485

Attachment 454488

Attachment 454489
    This last one I'm also going to be etching and printing. More details on that later!
    C&C appreciated.
    Also, how do you guys handle processing anatomy?
    Last edited by lemming-clone-; September 3rd, 2008 at 08:32 PM.

Thanks
    So! I finished the drawing I decided to use for a print.

Attachment 472939

I scratched that into the ground and realized that there was a nice bit of extra space on the plate. After messing around with some ideas, I came up with this.

Attachment 472938

I etched it everything into the plate and started cranking out test prints. I'm planning on aquatinting the background to a dark grey color and lightening up the figures a bit.

Attachment 472940

This is the cleanest of the bunch. The scanner was a bit to small for the print by about half an inch on the bottom and right side so a bit got hacked off. Apologies. Anyways, here's a detail for those interested.

Attachment 472943

Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by lemming-clone-; September 24th, 2008 at 04:14 PM.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1