Sketchbook: I will not give up ! RainShinobi sketchbook || 1 PIE for each crit ! :D

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I will not give up ! RainShinobi sketchbook || 1 PIE for each crit ! :D

Hi...

Umm i had a sketchbook here at conceptart.org but due to the low quality of the drawings nobody wanted to comment on my drawings (At least i want to think that is the reason -_-)

Anyway my name is Liron Gabriel AKA Leon :B Sadly i live in israel.
    I am 18 years old and I want to be a concept artist some day..
    For 2 years now art was a part of my daily life.Evrywhere I go i think about art and i want to express myself through art.
    Even though i find it very very VERY difficult. I know that someday i will make it and i will never give up until i will achive my goal and be a concept artist.
    I will do what ever it takes to get to that goal.

Darn i tend to talk to much XD so sorry about that burst of emotions

Anyway i bought a scanner (Finally) and the quality of the pics are allot better...

P.S
    I have a few questions:
    1) Can i practice anatomy without a living model in front of me ?
    2) Are there any good books about drawing in prespective ?
    3) What is the overall way to enchance my drawing skills ?

By the way if you guys want to draw on my drawings to show me some guidelines feel free to do it

Well that is all hope you guys will comment and help me out

I love conceptart.org!

Here are the drawings:

I will post more

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (426.0 KB, 212 views)
    Last edited by RainShinobi; October 26th, 2008 at 12:12 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some more drawings from my last sketchbook but in better quality...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Keep doing sketches mate, try to do as much studies as u can, learn as much about anatomy colour etc (u know the basics as u can)

and above all, keep on rockin'n'rollinnnnn

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Brun For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Brun View Post
    Keep doing sketches mate, try to do as much studies as u can, learn as much about anatomy colour etc (u know the basics as u can)

and above all, keep on rockin'n'rollinnnnn

Thanks for your comment brun!
    I will keep on with my sketches and studies ! I will update today with some more drawings

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    looking forward to the updates!
    dont give up okay?

I SWEAR ON THE GRAVES OF ALL THE TALENTED FILIPINO ARTISTS WHO HAVE GONE BEFORE ME, THE FILIPINO ART LEGACY WILL CONTINUE!

MY DAY JOB http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=136204

MY ANGRY SKETCHBOOKhttp://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...129015&page=13

9. The Following User Says Thank You to the ANGRY filipino For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by the ANGRY filipino View Post
    looking forward to the updates!
    dont give up okay?
    I will never give up ! no matter how long it take

Anyway just got up.. some morning sketches, i want to start drawing the human figure, not working that good so far.
    But i will get better

Lol when it comes down to the human figure i totaly suck

P.S

I want to learn to draw the human figure better but i dont have allot of poses in my mind .. i tried looking at ref pictures but i didnt knew how to use them because if I copied the model i felt like a robot and i didnt learn anything new .. So can anyone tell me how to work with ref pictures ? and how to work with the anatomy books out there ? Because i bought a book a long time ago i read it but couldnt understand how to use it to improve my skills ... anyway i will post more drawings today

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A few more ..

I know its lame but please tell me what am i doing wrong and how i can improve..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 996 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I think I know what you feel. I don't like copy either, because I tend to copy the lines and not to listen how to construct the body. I'm currently at the stage I know I need anatomy studies, but I don't clearly see the way before me.
    but I do some studies after anatomy books (only if a picture says something to me, I should be interested in it and find it beautiful), I study the human skeleton and the muscle groups (they're essential and I dislike drawing a line because "I saw others do that and it looks good", it's much better to know "oh yeah, biceps femoris is there" and I will never able to draw different poses from my head without such anatomy basics) and draw whenever I find a really tasty-looking sketch, draw poses and stuff sometimes I feel down, but I continue. I'm a perfectionist who usually don't make extreme poses, details and coloring on a messed-up anatomy, I need a solid base first. you seems to be serious too, so if you keep going, there must be progress. sorry that my post wasn't really useful, hopefully you'll have better advice...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to shiNIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by shiNIN View Post
    I think I know what you feel. I don't like copy either, because I tend to copy the lines and not to listen how to construct the body. I'm currently at the stage I know I need anatomy studies, but I don't clearly see the way before me.
    but I do some studies after anatomy books (only if a picture says something to me, I should be interested in it and find it beautiful), I study the human skeleton and the muscle groups (they're essential and I dislike drawing a line because "I saw others do that and it looks good", it's much better to know "oh yeah, biceps femoris is there" and I will never able to draw different poses from my head without such anatomy basics) and draw whenever I find a really tasty-looking sketch, draw poses and stuff sometimes I feel down, but I continue. I'm a perfectionist who usually don't make extreme poses, details and coloring on a messed-up anatomy, I need a solid base first. you seems to be serious too, so if you keep going, there must be progress. sorry that my post wasn't really useful, hopefully you'll have better advice...
    Thank you shiNIN for your post.
    Your post was very useful for me, because its nice to know that someone else in the world share the same feelings,experiences,frustrations that i have.

I am very thankful for the time you invested to post in my SB .. it keeps my motivation.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another quick sketch before my bath haha

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey - RainShinobi - I had a look at your posts. There are some great things here! I especially like some of the figure studies where you are looking at the figures from different angles. I know it can be really frustrating - but it is important to play and have fun with all of it. Enjoy the drawing and don't judge too much - with practice comes improvement. You draw better now than the first time you tried - and not nearly as well as you will in six months or a year - so ENJOY IT and have fun. The more your draw the happier you will be with the drawings down the line. I find it really helpful to find places to go drawing - playgrounds, parks, museums - anywhere that is people friendly and has cool stuff to draw. Even if it is just people sitting or walking or a family pet. Drawing living creatures AND the environments they are in will really help. For inspiration - Dover has a great line of books that you are fairly inexpensive that you can look through and drag around and just in general pound on without worrying too much. They are here: http://store.doverpublications.com/b...ry-of-art.html I would pick some ones that seem interesting, and I always prefer to look at drawings over paintings - I am firm believer in the value of drawing as a staring point for all art. Good luck! I look forward to seeing more. P.S. As my long time mentor would constantly say - draw hands and feet!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to wdmdesigns For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by wdmdesigns View Post
    Hey - RainShinobi - I had a look at your posts. There are some great things here! I especially like some of the figure studies where you are looking at the figures from different angles. I know it can be really frustrating - but it is important to play and have fun with all of it. Enjoy the drawing and don't judge too much - with practice comes improvement. You draw better now than the first time you tried - and not nearly as well as you will in six months or a year - so ENJOY IT and have fun. The more your draw the happier you will be with the drawings down the line. I find it really helpful to find places to go drawing - playgrounds, parks, museums - anywhere that is people friendly and has cool stuff to draw. Even if it is just people sitting or walking or a family pet. Drawing living creatures AND the environments they are in will really help. For inspiration - Dover has a great line of books that you are fairly inexpensive that you can look through and drag around and just in general pound on without worrying too much. They are here: http://store.doverpublications.com/b...ry-of-art.html I would pick some ones that seem interesting, and I always prefer to look at drawings over paintings - I am firm believer in the value of drawing as a staring point for all art. Good luck! I look forward to seeing more. P.S. As my long time mentor would constantly say - draw hands and feet!

Thanks wdmdesigns for your comment !

I will take your advice and start to draw more from real life, and go to parks etc.
    Thanks for the book recommendation i will buy some of those books when my salary will arrive

Thanks agin for your post and i will update with more drawings after i finish them

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another wanabe figure drawings
    I used my character from Silkroad Online to get the "pose".
    well anyway here it is ...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work and attitude here! keep in practice and you'l only get better! Nice figure studies - just check the weight they are leaning a bit over! Try think how they should be balanced when drawing.

Keep it up!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to kidult For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks kidult for your reply ! And i will forever keep it up !

Anyway here is somthing before i go to sleep :

Cya all tomrrow

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys .. today i was on a trip with my family
    It was great ! but i didnt had allot of time to draw

But here are some sketchs i did before i go to sleep agin

Cya all tomrrow

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your figures are already getting better viewing from your first until your last keep going. go go go draw draw draw

25. The Following User Says Thank You to MachineKit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi guys !

Its me agin today i will post as much drawing as i can ... because i want to draw allot...Its 5 oclock after noon where i live .. i want to draw untile 10 oclock (night)

well here is the first entry :

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well i tried T_T

Haha Bruce Lee's body (like i said ... I tried XD)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh well , i tried anyway :

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    RainShinobi - I totally agree with what other posters have been saying - your drawings are growing from the first post to the last already. Really great job!! You mentioned you were open to people drawing over the top of you drawings and making suggestions - so here is what I think would be helpful to you. I'd like to see you get as much volume into your drawings as possible. You're starting to do this already - I'd like to see even more. The figure is made up of basic shapes and volumes moving through space. Don't be afraid to overdraw the volume and even exaggerate it a little for now. Remember you can draw around the shapes, make marks and scribble - anything you want to do to get your line to show the forms moving through space. You don't have to outline just the outer shapes either - don't be afraid to draw the structure inside the figure as well. Even if you think you are winding up with too many lines and marks at first - observe people as they move as much as you can and see how they are shaped, see the volumes that make up a person. I made some notes over the top of one of you pages. It's attached. Always draw hands and feet as much as possible! HAVE FUN! Play and enjoy drawing!

Attached Images Attached Images

32. The Following User Says Thank You to wdmdesigns For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by wdmdesigns View Post
    RainShinobi - I totally agree with what other posters have been saying - your drawings are growing from the first post to the last already. Really great job!! You mentioned you were open to people drawing over the top of you drawings and making suggestions - so here is what I think would be helpful to you. I'd like to see you get as much volume into your drawings as possible. You're starting to do this already - I'd like to see even more. The figure is made up of basic shapes and volumes moving through space. Don't be afraid to overdraw the volume and even exaggerate it a little for now. Remember you can draw around the shapes, make marks and scribble - anything you want to do to get your line to show the forms moving through space. You don't have to outline just the outer shapes either - don't be afraid to draw the structure inside the figure as well. Even if you think you are winding up with too many lines and marks at first - observe people as they move as much as you can and see how they are shaped, see the volumes that make up a person. I made some notes over the top of one of you pages. It's attached. Always draw hands and feet as much as possible! HAVE FUN! Play and enjoy drawing!

Thanks aginh wdmdesigns ! for your BIG help

I relly relly appreciate what you did for me and i tried to apply what you tried to explain to me .. have a look ( i drew this drawing without ref so its a little unbalnced) , its not the best yet but i will get better !

P.S

I am still having a hard time with the feet / hands but the fact that i am starting to draw them .. is a level up for me so thanks !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wdmdesigns yor method has helped me a ton time !

I use it with some ref .. and my figures look allot better ( i think )

Thanks agin wdmdesigns

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just saw the most recent posts - these are looking GREAT! Glad I could help out a bit. :-) Keep practicing - and remember to draw from life as much as possible(and draw heads, hands and feet). I subscribed to your sketchbook thread - so I'll pop in and see how you're doing when I can and comment where I think I can help. Keep drawing and have fun with it.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to wdmdesigns For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry for the long delay but i had some things

Here are some more figure drawings/studies. Did not made allot of progress but i am heading there ..

I have started to draw some male figure .. its nice B)

I will update more soon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice improvements, you're picking it up in those full body sketches. Great stuff.

Keep it up. ^_^

(btw, i lol'd cause i love the emoticon -_-, its soo good. ahaha) Blabber

The Eternity Wars
    My Sketchbook

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.