C.O.W. - #118: Boredom Killer - Voting!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: Vote for your fav entry regarding the topic! No self-voting!

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jolliday

3 4.69%
  • eraserfoot

15 23.44%
  • indus

9 14.06%
  • Snarfevs

32 50.00%
  • Relic

2 3.13%
  • HFix

0 0%
  • Samolo

3 4.69%

Thread: C.O.W. - #118: Boredom Killer - Voting!

Fozzybar is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cow C.O.W. - #118: Boredom Killer - Voting!

ROUND #118 VOTING

Topic: Boredom Killer

Deadline for the voting: Friday, 01 August 2008

Posting thread (closed):
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=131329

------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK - before voting/posting read this!!!

1. Please give c&c or a reason why you voted for the image!

2. Feel free to comment on any or all entries, the artists will appreciate it!

3. No voting for your own entry!!! If a participants votes for his own entry, every member has the right to call him a stupid lame moron in this thread! And i will delete his/her vote anyway...

4. The poll is public. Your vote will be seen.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Fozzybar; July 24th, 2008 at 03:58 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Artist: Jolliday

Concept: Boredom-Killer

The Spring-Boings, also known as the Boredom-Killers, live under children's beds. Though they may scavenge a little in the garbage cans, their primary source of food comes from childrens' snacks, leftovers, and unwanted vegetables. Spring-Boings have a tail that coils under them and propels them long distances, and they use this in conjunction with unusual intelligence to make up games for the children they cohabit with. These games are meant to attract the children's attention and prevent neglect, and also to keep children's attention away from under the bed, since the smaller spring-boings are not so durable as their parents (who can stand being fallen-on or stuffed through a basketball hoop.)

Last edited by Jolliday; July 19th, 2008 at 07:16 PM. Reason: getting the codes right . . .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Boredom Killer

Artist: eraserfoot

Concept: Boredom Killer
    The Boredom Killer entertains its prey with hypnotic lights on its tendrils and the euphoria enducing gas that surrounds it.

http://eraserfoot.blogspot.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Boredom Killer

Artist: INDUS

Concept: TI-LING
    He changes his color and facial expression in every 3 seconds. (And he is whistling and dancing all the time.)
    It is how to kill boredom himself. And if he can't do this, he gonna die by boredom.
    And also this behaviors makes bored people entertain, people calls this creature the boredom killer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: Snarfevs

Concept: Synæsthalcyone, aka Thalk, Actinian Euterpe, Pickover's Milkdrop, Befungler, Shemozzle Tiara
    A portmanteau of 'synæsthesia' (the experience of linked sensation) and 'alcyonaria' (the subclass containing the sea pens that this species bears a passing resemblance to), the Synæsthalcyone (or simply 'thalk') is seemingly a living visualisation studio - it sways and displays vivid, wildly varying patterns of bioluminescence in response to sound and light. The reason for this response is understood to be a part of a quorum sensing mechanism with which thalk nests relay complex social information and make decisions in an ambient capacity. Largely sessile, growing up to 1.5 meters in height and equally comfortable underwater or on land, thalks are often removed from their swampy habitat by poachers and sold as black market 'boredom killers' to frontier menageries, clubs and the rich and stupid. Sadly, these semi-sentient creatures are often placed under extreme stress from a constant barrage of light and sound (generally loud music and the yelling of children or adults behaving like children) and are poorly cared for. The welfare group Concerned For Creatures recently reported the death by exhaustion of 5 juvenile thalks that were brought into a rave party and worn as hats by participants. A further 2 had to be euthanised.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Artist: Relic

Concept: BABY PLUS 3000
    Baby plus 3000 are some creepy birds bred by National Genetic Species Co.,Ltd(NGS).They are pets for babies.They crow like human laughing,their tongues like roses,they are colorful,they are funny to play with...at least babies think so.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Artist: HFix

Concept: Ice Snail

"Boredom killer" is a hallucinogenic drug of the 31st century. The boredom killer drug is an excretion from the shell of a rare snail located in the polar ice caps. This snail is a prehistoric specimen that was trapped in the ice caps long before the 18th century. The pollution of the 21st century and the melting of the ice caps released them into the water system and it wasnt long before there hallucinogentic propertys were discovered and they there placed on the black market as the latest addictional high. At first the high was a spiritual experience and an addiction as with any other drug until it mutated in the early 30th century and started killing its users within a matter of days. Its all the rave with the younger generations and the leading cause of death in the world...

Last edited by HFix; July 23rd, 2008 at 10:53 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

C.O.W. - #118: Boredom Killer- GENJOY

Artist:Samolo

Concept: GENJOY

Finally... bloody image attachment... I made sooo many mistakes...

The first Genetically designed creature for human enjoy and fun by Genotech Co., designed to be furry, cute and pink, and adorable to any human eye, and their behavior make them always want to make other beings happy and entertaint them.

The Genjoy pet were suposed to be the next generation pet, many of them where developed and their population mainteined in strict control: they only can breed their own child if the species is in danger.

After the first mass production was created they find out what it seemed a terrible design flaw... when the little furry creatures grow over the months, the pink fur falls, and their sizes increases at high rate untiel they become larger tha a standar human being, and their lovely looks were gone... however, they maintain their wishes to bring joy, fun and happines to other creatures.

To hide their shameful mistake, the organization threw their first group of 500 hundred individuals into the wild, with the hopes that their gentle nature will be their doom.

Years later, their were discovered by a biological research team, now a larger comunity of this creatures have expanded in the area...

Contrary to the believe of the Genotech Mkt expert, people inmediately fell in love with the creatures, especially children, being used at kindergardens and other similar facilities to keep the kids happy and even starring television shows for children which where a huge success.

The bio Design area of the company was closed and the incident never became public..

Last edited by Samolo; July 24th, 2008 at 02:26 AM. Reason: AGAIN... Forgot to put the white letters properly

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Failed quality check (sloppy/rushed/unfinished artwork and/or insufficient artistic quality)

ImRazil, Tyrus

other not accepted entries:

Zeitwolf
    Sorry, man, but this time your creature had no special design, it was an ordinary worm. That's zu billig

close to rejection:

HFix
    Design poor. Boredom killer refers to the gas not the creature itself, but well there were few entries, so there you are.

special notes:

none

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Zeitwolf
    Sorry, man, but this time your creature had no special design, it was an ordinary worm. That's zu billig

Too sad... the design was in the detail, man. Never change a winning concept, ha ha...

Voted for Samolo's Genjoy... reminds me of... gremlins...?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Disappointing participation this time. Summer slump strikes as always. But i came up with a topic which should reactivate some dedicated concept artists

New round is here:

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=132109

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow... just 7...

This is common in summer? I thought that I will be quite the opposite!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No, it is the same phenomen every year...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ah bloody hell. I missed the deadline.

It was coming out so well too.
    Well, there's always next week.

Check out my sketchbook.

risingfromashes is offline "Living down to expectation" Level 2 Gladiator: Ordinarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry that I couldn't make this round...had a bad case of life...there was some good competition...

Voted for Snarfevs nice original idea...rockin render especially the neon filaments...and that story was hilarious...I could see a pack of wacked out candy kids rocking with a couple of those half dead things on their heads.....nice work...

Indus: nice render..and interesting/appropriate use of the backdrop and depth of field....

Jolliday: that thing is so cute...I want to slap it around...nice work

Samolo: like the expression and feeling of the waving fingers on the big critter...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    eraserfoot: nice rendering and description, really liked the idea behind it and the design of the creature.

indus: incredible textures and lighting, do I smell 3-D?

Samolo: really loved the the description, sequence and plot of the creature's history + the design.

But in the end, i voted for Snarfevsfor his great use of colors, design, idea and it's everything i would want in a boredom killer. Nice description too.

I'd rather leave this blank

Pay a visit to My little sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I also voted for Snarfevs Really great design, I love the neon filiments, and I could just see unscrupulous people doing that.

risingfromashes: thank you and since the adults of the species can stand being squashed under a falling human body, they could probably stand being smacked around too. Though they might refuse to eat your unwanted vegetables for a week, and raid your "secret" stash of goodies.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Definitely vote for Snarfevs,the same reson of last week ,novelty design ,killer rendering,eyes catching

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Too busy actually working physical labor to pay bills to partake in this round hope to next round. My vote goes to Snarfevs great rendering the concept was interesting as well. Samolo close second great humor and good concept the rendering just could have put you over the top for me if you added some more texture and depth. Good works all. Shalom yippee ye haw

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange eons even death may die.
    http://www.conceptart.org/?artist=Azathoth
    sls_smithy@hotmail.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for the Snarfevs.
    I think his concept fits in the subject perfectly
    thank you for the comments on my pic and
    see you in next thread~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I didn't even know about COW until this week, so I'll probably submit a better one next time. I didnt even notice the "thread for final versions".

Last edited by TimM; July 25th, 2008 at 01:22 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For this one I voted on the one that I personally thought would be cool to play around with when im bored. Jolliday, you get my vote! I could imagine grabbing that thing and hurling it 50mph at a wall and watching it scream! Mwahhahhah! The others were better rendered but something clicked with me on that first one. Good stuff guys!

My Website

My Blog

My Facebook

Currently for hire as freelancer!]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Eraserfoot gets my vote because he gave a more deadly feel to Boredom Killing

64% of all percentages are made up on the spot.

My Sketchbook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...06#post1686206

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Snarfervs definitely. Coloring and courage. Not a crowd this time, but the topic is hard to illustrate. Hard as hell. Congratulations You all

Thanks
    Thanked 1,249 Times in 905 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Jolliday's entry's adorable.
    Gets my vote.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for Snarfevs, because I have never seen anything like it, it's a beautiful rendering of such a difficult concept, and the description of the concept was both amusing and pretty good!

My Sketchbook
    My Sculpting thread
    Blog: www.jumpsuitblog.blogspot.com"
    "Yor's world! Yor's world! He's the man!"

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.