Art: Sequence (problem: noise in AE)

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sequence (problem: noise in AE)

Don't understand it. I have alot of layers that fade in and for some reason the colour doesn't remain constant even after the image is held(in one instance, it's just a gif that fades in). Could it be that I've stretched the duration? or would having a soft light on all the numbers affect the colouring?there is a black mask on top of everything for the fade out but the opacity is zero so I don't thinkk it would affect anything.

Knowing AE, the answer is probably really simple. I spent about 30mins yesterday, trying to find out how to make the video longer...composition settings.

Update:

Exporting in AVIs seems to be the issue. MP4 is nasty quality and I can't seen make it bigger than 322x2something. I tried .mov and it seemed alot clearer but this is destined to be a title sequence on a web app and the exporting of .mov is extremely touchy! Perhaps I shouldn't be so picky about the noise in the avi?

What format would you suggest that I export from AE considering it will be used in a java webapp?

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Last edited by Ian Mack; July 15th, 2008 at 10:52 PM.
    [][][][] DRAW EVERYDAY [][][][]>
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Ian,

You should export your animation as an .mov using the animation compression or no compression at all. Then use a separate program to downsize and/or convert it into a video for the web.

A good but expensive program is Episode Pro (couple hundred dollars) but there are other conversion programs out there.

It is almost always a good idea to use a program that is built specifically for compression, as it will do a much better job then QT or AE.

Aside from that, using a h.264 or MPEG1 could work but i don't know Java at all so i am not fluent in its video capabilities.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.