Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Master Pug's Sketchbook

Thanks

Master Pug's Sketchbook

So, I was going to delete all of my posts on my OLD sketchbook and then continue to post...but the SB was 8 pages long so I decided it better to just start over.

For those of you who have never seen me before, I am the Master Pug. I am not a full time artist, but hope to be some day. I have a degree in Studio Arts from the University of Idaho; and my current artistic focus is learning this darned digital paint stuff. As I go, any help / comments are always welcome. I LOVE CC!!

This first one here was one of the later posts of my last SB, and the rest are just some of the "better" things I have done. Might as well start with a bang, eh?

Oh, since my scanner is down right now, most of the posts will be the digital stuff I am trying to do. I know not all of it is good or even close to what I can do with raw materials (pencil and pen and ink being my favies); but I am still learning. Anyway, as Mario always says, "Here we GOOOOOOOOoooo......!!!!"

*removing old items to consolidate also so they thumbnail updates - out with the old and in with the new!*
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by masterpug; December 13th, 2013 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Updating thumbnail
    "Oh my God who is flying this thing! ......... Right, that would be me." ~Wash

DeviantArt - Sketchbook - Concept Art.org Porfolio
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey hey, I like your interesting use of colors and imaginative character designs. There are some issues with anatomy, composition and the like, but the basics are there I think...nothing a bit of practice and persistance won't solve. Keep at it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zeroe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Zeroe: Thanks! I am trying to do a bit more with it - more characters in a shot and such but haven't gotten it to work yet. Also need to work more with environments. Hopefully this next one (since it is recent) shows I have come along a bit. The composition isn't bad, but I wish I could have worked on a more detailed BG besides the abstract. Still, I think this will be one in a series, so it might not matter.

Here is the newest. If you read the above you know that this may become one in a series (the whole series being 5). This one is titled simply "The Bitch". I am afraid I can't get any more detailed on this character other than the title. 'Fraid that would give away too much.

Anywho, got scanner up which is why I could do this piece at all. I am SOOO glad I did. Hopefully this means more work, which means more posts, which leads to more people looking at the posts, and more recognition. As they say in art:
    Step 1 : Make Art
    Step 2 : ...
    Step 3 : Profit
    *Edited for same reason as previous post - now no nudity, welcome back kiddies!*
    Last edited by masterpug; August 29th, 2009 at 09:56 AM.

Thanks
    More sketches. Actually did these BEFORE the one above, but didn't get around to getting them scanned until today. I am noticing that the Thread is not showing the most recent as a thumb in the Sketchbooks section. Not sure why. If anyone knows how to fix this, I would be greatfull. I'd like the newest post to show.
    Attachment 454735 Attachment 454736

Attachment 454733

Attachment 454737

Attachment 454734

7. The Following User Says Thank You to masterpug For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    "DIVE DIVE! FIRE ALL GUNS IN ALL DIRECTIONS!"

Thanks
    rig4red: Haven't heard from you in a while. Glad to see you joined up if only to be enigmatic.

Here is the newest I have. All sketches, nothing really finished. Hopefully that will change when I take the most complete of them below to the "final stage". I do realize that the Death Knight (obviously I am feeling in a Blizzard mood as you can tell from the post) is a bit off balance in the large pic, but I am not sure if I am going to fix it or not. I probably should, but it might be something I just acknowledge and let slide. As you can also tell, I did adjust his armor a bit from the previous sketches.

Attachment 467092

Attachment 467088

Attachment 467091

Attachment 467086

Thanks
    So, I had to shrink this sucker down a lot to get it to upload. Hopefully you can all see where I am going with it. Not sure if I want to do comic style coloring or try painted. As we have seen, my paint needs work. Maybe comic first and then paint over it later and have both. Hmmm....
    *more finished version of this in later posts - and like the other posts, taking a much more handled way of doing attachments
    Last edited by masterpug; August 29th, 2009 at 09:58 AM.

Thanks
    Fresh off the old brain grill. Still a WIP, and by no means final. The type was really because I wanted something that LOOKED interesting even if it doesn't make it to the final stage.
    Attachment 493027
    Last edited by masterpug; August 29th, 2009 at 10:00 AM.

Thanks

Latest and greatest!

Latest update on this pic. Still working on it, but closer to done than it was!
    Attachment 493988
    Last edited by masterpug; August 29th, 2009 at 10:01 AM.

Thanks
    thanks for stopping by my sketchbook, and leaving a comment.
    I really like your sketchbook, the character designs are really cool, and I like the amount of detail expressed with each character drawing.
    Keep it up friend.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 884 Posts
    Eh up masterpug! thanks for your comment and poppin by...took me a while to get round to browsing again and I'm really liking your stuff. The deathknight especially, I have problems keeping my colours flat (I mean tonally) and tend to overwork and have to pull it back, do you use masks?

Thanks
    Trancelucent over the text thing looks cluttered. I think it will look better making it look like a background, like a map or stained paper or something.

Perhaps not making them pitch black could make them appear behind the character or some overlap tricks. or perhaps just reducing the amount of text.
    ----------------------------------
    Scetchbook: View the exhibitionist's stuff.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to George Abraham For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Jeff Bartzis: Thanks for returning the favor. I will stop by your SB again here in not too long. I promise to keep on drawing, even if my posts are infrequent.

Angel Intheuk: I know what you mean about the color. That is one of my few semi-successful works with color (as you can probably tell most of my stuff is B&W). Thanks again for coming by, and many happy returns!

zaorr: I agree the text can be distracting. In truth, the piece isn't finished, but I don't have the persistence to work on it right now and have been drawn away to drawing other things. The idea is to have the text fade into a background (unreadable for the most part); so in the end it should not be a problem provided I can draw a background.

So, big post this time. There is some graphic violence, so the young may want to back off this one. Since I already have some nudity, I don't think it is anything out of line. Anywho, thanks for those of you who have stopped by since the last post. While I can't say I will be posting like this all the time, rest assured I do plan to continue with my art - wherever that takes me. ^_^
    Attachment 576429
    Attachment 576437
    Attachment 576436
    Attachment 576423
    Attachment 576427
    Attachment 576434
    Attachment 576425
    Attachment 576435
    Attachment 576432
    Attachment 576431
    Attachment 576433
    Last edited by masterpug; August 29th, 2009 at 10:03 AM.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast